Driver training class c

Hey guys newbie here after abit of advice sorry if this is the wrong area didnt know where it was supposed to go.

Right i have been thinking of doing my class 2 and wondered whos the best place to go i registered at one place called (easy as hgv) and one guy rang me up and goes if you go with us its £1099 for the 4 day course we get you everything all the paperwork to apply for the license all the theory test stuff and all you have to do is pass and once you pass you will be able to find a job straight away as you will have us on the application forms and be able to earn upto 30k a year which tbh sounds too good to be true.

so after abit of help really are they worth going throu? or would i be better going throu a

im 32 been driving 11+ years drove cars to lwb transits vans box vans

One thing: Stay away from EasyasHGV at all costs, because they are a broker and they are to be well stayed clear of in this industry.

Secondly, this is the wrong forum, there is a forum for new and wannabe drivers, you will get a better response there. I guess a moderator will move the thread for you.

Also, you won’t get a job straight away and you won’t earn near 30k a year, more like 23-25k if you’re lucky.

Easy As HGV are brokers and are to be avoided at all costs. You have no guarantees that the money you pay them will ever reach a training company.

You are better looking in the list on this site which is listed by order of county.

Or alternatively, give us a clue of your general location and we will try and help with some recommended schools near to you.

Oh and welcome on board :wink:.

Hi J4ffa, welcome along, the “new and wannabe forum” is the best place to ask from people in the same position as yourself, but I can offer you the best advice you will ever receive in the whole of your life.

Do not touch “Easy as HGV” with a bargepole. They are crooks, con-artists, charlatans.

Find a local HGV driving school and go directly to them.

ah sorry didnt see the newbie one yeah if someone could move that would be ace

i thought it was too good to be true im only going by what they said i know the guy on the phone tried his best to get my bank details but didnt he didnt like that but has rang me twice to see when i want to sign up with them

im in halifax west yorks i messaged a mate who did his training to see who he did his training and what not with

As your in West Yorks ring these guys up drivercpctrainingyorkshire.co.uk/ just up the road from you, there are other decent trainers in west yorks too.

Avoid EasycomeEasygo and their likes, see my post HERE

Just say to him the next time he calls “Thanks, but I’ve had a look on the internet and everyone says I should tell “Easy as HGV” to sod off, so sod off”. :wink:

Harry Monk:
Just say to him the next time he calls “Thanks, but I’ve had a look on the internet and everyone says I should tell “Easy as HGV” to sod off, so sod off”. :wink:

yeah i think i will be i told him last i would look what else is out there and see if i can find cheaper he was quite shocked it was funny as he was telling me everything they do and im like how much he wouldnt say how much then goes all this for only £1099 i went damm

how easy is it to find work once done is it worth it? i know theres all different lorry driving out there from normal delivery to breakdown driving i just want to know after i spend all the money im going to be able to get work

cheers madbaz will have a look at them

j4ffa:
Hey guys newbie here after abit of advice sorry if this is the wrong area didnt know where it was supposed to go.

Hi j4ffa,

I’ve moved your post for you. :wink:

Please take the excellent advice to avoid brokers already given above, because a broker will usually charge fees for things that most ‘mainstream’ LGV driving schools will provide for free.

Brokers also (usually) inflate the training prices that are available to you directly from the provider. :wink:

You can access a list of LGV training schools recommended by TN members by clicking:
:arrow_right: THIS LINK
Just scroll to your county when you land. :smiley:

:open_mouth: Please tell us that you haven’t paid any money before you’ve checked what we’ve said for yourself. :open_mouth:

Please feel free to ask questions, cos you’ll receive good answers in here. :smiley:

dieseldave:

j4ffa:

Hi j4ffa,

I’ve moved your post for you. :wink:

Please take the excellent advice to avoid brokers already given above, because a broker will usually charge fees for things that most ‘mainstream’ LGV driving schools will provide for free.

Brokers also (usually) inflate the training prices that are available to you directly from the provider. :wink:

You can access a list of LGV training schools recommended by TN members by clicking:
:arrow_right: THIS LINK
Just scroll to your county when you land. :smiley:

:open_mouth: Please tell us that you haven’t paid any money before you’ve checked what we’ve said for yourself. :open_mouth:

Please feel free to ask questions, cos you’ll receive good answers in here. :smiley:

cheers for that

no i havnt paid a penny as if i do get it i might have to get a loan of parents or grandmother to pay for it then i pay them back cheaper than lending from a bank

I’m not so sure about Halifax but agencies will start getting busy soon, bin wagons (summer holidays)which is how I started in Kirklees, there’s plenty of companies at Euroway in Bradford such as 3663 (food service), again through agency. It is tough out there at the minute even for experienced drivers, things appear to be getting better though. Don’t be expecting to have £600 at the top of your pay packet, the agency drivers at our place are getting ~£350 (before tax) if they manage to get a full week in (40 hours).

j4ffa:
cheers for that

no i havnt paid a penny as if i do get it i might have to get a loan of parents or grandmother to pay for it then i pay them back cheaper than lending from a bank

Hi j4ffa,

I’m so glad we saved you from borrowing/spending lots more cash than you needed to. :smiley:

I’d like to wish you good luck with your decision and your training, and please don’t forget that we’re here to help. :smiley:

As Harry says just pick up the phone to some driving schools and get a few quotes and then make your decision.
Crooks like these brokers need a a late night ride in the boot of my car.
As regards earning £30k straight off the bat, highly unlikely. Times are tough right now, everybody in this industry are being squeezed to breaking point. Pay rates are low, good jobs are unadvertised, advertised jobs are few and often poorly paid, agencies promise a lot and deliver little. As your instinct told you too good to be true.
Good Luck.

cheers for the help and advice guys

I spoke to a mate who passed his class c recently and he has told me to contact the guy who trained him guy called Andy just waiting to get his number but my mate said he does a lesson before he gives u a price so he knows how well u learn n take to being in a truck and he 1 of the top 4% in the country so will give him a ring when i get his number and see about it all

whats the general price to pass the class c so far its looking about £1100 ish

i was going to do all this years ago but never got round to it wish i did now but hoo well its never too late is it.

£1099 for a 4 day course!

Go direct with a trainer and you will probably get another day at least for that price.

It is an old trick that instead of putting the price up they cut the amount of training they are offering. Always have an assessment to see how much training you require and find out how many hours training you will get for your money!

j4ffa:
cheers for the help and advice guys

I spoke to a mate who passed his class c recently and he has told me to contact the guy who trained him guy called Andy just waiting to get his number but my mate said he does a lesson before he gives u a price so he knows how well u learn n take to being in a truck and he 1 of the top 4% in the country so will give him a ring when i get his number and see about it all

whats the general price to pass the class c so far its looking about £1100 ish

i was going to do all this years ago but never got round to it wish i did now but hoo well its never too late is it.

Provided you get through first time, you should budget around the 1000-1200 mark.

However retests become expensive as its 115 plus cost of hiring lorry for 2-3 hours.

I would always advise an assessment session of at least an hour with potential trainers so you get a feel for what you will be up against for the intensive course.

Go to 2 or 3, at least, in your local area and try them all before making a decision.

I also know of a couple that do residential training if that’s your cup of tea.

(Pete and John - get those commission cheques out) :smiley:

ohhh my had that EasyAsHgv ring me saturday sunday and twice today to try and get me to sign up and pay today even tho i keep telling them i have heard nothing but bad rep from people that went throu them and to stay clear the guy was like ohh mate its not they probably just couldnt pass but thats not our fault if they cant pass :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Spoke to a guy called Andy Wood at Viamaster Training got a genral idea on what they charge and what not just going to speak to the trainer who my mate went throu a guy called Andy ives to see what he charges but might wait to see if i can borrow the cash of parents and what not before i get my hopes up

Hi J4ffa welcome, I called the Same company when I decided to go in for hgv training, the guy tried his damned hardest to get me to part with my money called everyday for about two weeks promising me the earth, my advice would be to find several local driver training firms around where you live and go pay them a visit, have a chat with em to get a sense and look at the company, also what they are offering for what price, good luck in you chosen company and training.

All the best Wayne.

j4ffa:
ohhh my had that EasyAsHgv ring me saturday sunday and twice today to try and get me to sign up and pay today even tho i keep telling them i have heard nothing but bad rep from people that went throu them and to stay clear the guy was like ohh mate its not they probably just couldnt pass but thats not our fault if they cant pass :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Spoke to a guy called Andy Wood at Viamaster Training got a genral idea on what they charge and what not just going to speak to the trainer who my mate went throu a guy called Andy ives to see what he charges but might wait to see if i can borrow the cash of parents and what not before i get my hopes up

please please please stay away from easy as hgv take it from someone who knows just next time he rings just say look you lot are crooks you have no wagons just other peoples and i can get my training direct from them please take my number off your books I dont want you ringing again your being a pain :smiling_imp:

jen x

When I did my weeks training and test the other learner that was on the weeks course with me paid nearly twice as much as me and he only got a four day course whereas I had a five day one. I went direct to the training school and he went through a broker.
Use this forum A LOT, nothing else has come remotely close to helping as much as this has.

Oh and welcome aboard

Rich