New toy damaged!

New motorbike (Kawasaki 1400 GTR ) had its first real outing , down to South Wales for a blast and decided to stop for the night in Swansea , parked up near the town centre and walked off to find a hotel at 8.30pm. Come back 5 mins later to find a security doorman from a club opposite trying to pick it up as it’s laid on its side !. some local scrote in a scummy old silver Corsa wearing a blue hoodie reversed into it and did a runner. CCTV has a crap view of him but no reg number. Damage will run to about £500. Mirror , footpeg and pannier took the fall.
I want to murder the ■■■■■■■ …slowly .

I’d had my brand new lease car…

For about 2 weeks when some [zb] stoved the passenger door in at Asda’s.

Cost me my excess and the car off the road for two weeks.

No, they didn’t leave a note and yes they knew they’d done it.

Happens to everyone. Get new motor, some ■■■■ prangs into it. EVERYONE I know who has got a new car has had it damaged, and it’s happened to myself as well

done by Mr nobody at the retail park in Aintree couple if saturdays back :imp: newest and most ive ever spent on a car and some ■■■■ does that

Does make my blood boil when scrotes do stuff like that mate.
Years ago some ■■■■ key’d my car and I took it to the dealer for a quote and respray as it was metallic paint, few hundred quid it was… on the plus side, whilst I waited till the day to take it in to be done, someone else caved in the door on the same side as the key scrape. Took it in for the respray and they sorted it out. When I picked it up, paid the £200 and the guy said ‘To be honest, I didn’t notice that door damage when I looked at it the other day’ :grimacing:

largebloke1969:
done by Mr nobody at the retail park in Aintree couple if saturdays back :imp: newest and most ive ever spent on a car and some ■■■■ does that

Might be worth checking what a paintless dent removal guy would charge for that can be surprisingly cheap and might be less than the excess.

The scrotes need stringing up, but this is one reason why I have always favoured old bangers.

I’m with those who don’t buy new motors because some zb will only go and prang it. :smiley:

Just to prove the point, my partner and I recently went to Johnshaven (near Montrose) for a mini-break.

We arrived on the Sunday evening and parked up outside the hotel. Job done for the day.

Next morning, a scheduled bus shows up to collect its passengers and a bunch of schoolchildren, but it clouted my car whilst doing a manoeuver.

The driver got out and in front of several independent adult witnesses (plus the schoolchildren) and a busful of other passengers was seen to have left a ‘note’ on my windscreen. (So he definitely knew that he’d hit my car.)

There’s no chance of me getting up early on a day off, so we toddled out of the hotel at 09:45ish to be met by the local handyman who pointed out the damage to me as I neared my car. In front of the handyman, I removed the note and found that there was NOTHING written on it. :smiling_imp:
At this point, I’d describe the bus driver as a zb zb :smiling_imp:

Cutting to the chase… When I reported this to my insurers, I guess they must have thought that I’d done the damage myself and was trying to blame a handy bus, because I had no note, no driver’s name, no registration number for the vehicle I was alleging had damaged my car and no witnesses. :open_mouth:
:bulb: In other words, I had a full set of nothing.

I’m in the middle of sorting this at this time, but I ended up having to phone the bus company and (very reluctantly) the police because some of the required info wasn’t forthcoming. If people played the game, I wouldn’t have bothered the police.

The handyman helped me with his local knowledge and got some witnesses to phone me, plus the guy in the village shop was very helpful too.

Our little break was somewhat spoiled by me having to go to Stonehaven police station one afternoon to give a statement, I also left the ‘note’ with them too.

Img_1090small.jpg

Used to work with a bloke that did the same.
However…he was caught,and had to go to court in London.
Rumour has it…he received points and a fine.

Own Account Driver:

largebloke1969:
done by Mr nobody at the retail park in Aintree couple if saturdays back :imp: newest and most ive ever spent on a car and some [zb] does that

Might be worth checking what a paintless dent removal guy would charge for that can be surprisingly cheap and might be less than the excess.

cheers bud but it’s actually just broke the paint where the side impact bar is :unamused: wouldn’t say I was fuming when I saw it but our Doris ran for cover before I exploded :laughing: