New to site

Hi I’m Chris, live in ■■■■■■■ and on Tuesday and Wednesday this week I’ll be sitting both the THEORY and HAZARD PERCEPTION tests. Have obtained prov entitlement for C so i can’t wait to get started. Driven 7.5 tonne’s in the past so I have a little practice of bigger things than cars. looking foreward to it. :smiley: :smiley:

Hi and welcome to the site.

Hope all goes well for the tests this week

When it comes to practical course check out the recommended schools on the link below. and stay away from brokers that advertise ‘nationwide training’

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=44667&p=503949#p503949

Hi, and welcome.

And a repeat of the previous post.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

WELCOME

Driver cpc -

As you already have a C1 on your licence then no initial driver cpc for you but you will need to complete 35 hours of periodic dcpc before 09/09/2014 to allow you to drive LGVs commercially after that date

Some LGV training schools have their LGV practical courses approved for 14 or more hours of dcpc so that might be worth asking about when you contact a school and speak to the owner or the instructors
(this can only be done if already holding an LGV licence - C1 or C)

If not done so already, then doing a 7 hour dcpc periodic course on drivers hours and tachographs may be useful but try and get one that is done by a LGV school or someone who knows this industry as there are many out there who have set up as ‘Dcpc training companies’ and to be honest, know nowt about this industry and often give out the wrong info on such courses

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum :smiley:

Best of luck for the Theory and Hpt, keep us updated on your progress, also if you have any questions on anything at all ( no matter how daft you think it may be ), stick the question on here as im sure that one of the more knowledgeable guys and gals will be glad to answer it for you :smiley: .

John.

Cheers guys And thanks for the comments. I`ve done some looking on the net for trainers and I was looking at Lancaster Training Serviced to do both the class 2 and class 1. Has anyone heard any bad feedback about them as they sound switched on when I spoke to them on the phone.

Welcome and good luck for ur tests

Jen x

Hi mcc46,

Is this the training provider that you’ve mentioned?

http://www.lantrain.co.uk/index.html

I’ve had a look at their website, and it’s quite impressive.

This company have already been recommended by at least one TN member, so if I’ve got it right, it looks like your search for a provider is over. :smiley:

Thanks Dave, yes they are the one that I have been in contact with. - will contact them again today to see when they have a course running for Class C & C+E. Fingers crossed.

Got a provisional date for the Class 2 training of 13/5 to 19/5 providing I can pass the two tests over the next couple of days. It could be an omen or not with starting on the 13th, lets wait and see. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :exclamation:

Hiyyaaa mcc46, good luck with your theory tests, & welcome :smiley:

Good luck with your theory matey and best of luck with you driver training. Pictures/videos and a training diary are always welcomed :smiley:

As it has already been mentioned just post up a question if you struggling with something. No matter how silly you think it sounds. I had a piece of advice from a driver once his exact words were. “If you’re not sure then ask. I’d rather someone think I’m a ■■■■ for asking, rather than thinking I’m a ■■■■ for not asking and getting it wrong!”

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Question: :bulb:

Why is it when you practice, practice, practice you can manage to get 85% in the hazzard perception, but when it matters one can only get 75%. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes i know you only need 67% to pass it but it’s so frustrating. But hey, ho a pass is a pass is it not.

Stroll on tomorrow’s theory part.

Well done on the pass

Sometimes nerves get the better of you even if you think you are calm but they also put in different questions ( or that is what I found at least ) good luck for tomorrow ( I did both mine same day they just followed )

Oh what a day. I mean that in the nicest possible way. Took my theory test this morning and passed with 99%, yes 99%, wow. Its the best mark I’ve had, ever, well since my practice test earlier this morning when I managed to get 99%. Totally gob smacked to say the least.

In such a good mood that I have booked my Class 2 training with Lancaster Training Services and have a test date of 19th May. Can’t wait to get cracking at it. Although my first day in the cab is Friday 13th May, me supperstitious, naaaaaaaa, not me. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I will post a training progress report on to the site so all can have a chuckle, :smiley: :smiley:

I have spoken with Lancaster Training Services about the CPC and they have informed me that I can use 4 days of the Class 2 training towards the CPC due to having aquired rights as I’ve a C1 on my card since 1981. As I’m going to sit my Class 1 with them also one of the days there can be used to fill up the last bit of the 35 hour requirement. SORTED. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Well Done on the results of both tests. At the end of the day so long as you got over the pass mark… it’s a pass. Don’t kick yourself about it. And 99% today is a great result.

Looking forward to reading your training diary.

Dean

Well done on your theory passes :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , & good luck with your training :smiley: