New Renault "premium"

Just been handed the keys to a new Renault Premium and first impressions are what a load of [zb]. No storage space, narrow cab and cheap and nasty plastic trim. Can anybody tell me if it has any redeeming qualities apart from the Volvo engine and should I ask the boss for my old 700K Topline back?

if it needs stars it’s not allowed. L. :wink:

dnt let first impressions sway you there a crackin little tool i used to think there were ■■■■■

decent drivin position

decent stereo

crackin engine n box

give it a try mate

storage is not that bad

beds comfy if a bit narrow

a vast improvement over the old ones

Although I love my MAN :stuck_out_tongue: I read that and it looked funny. I think I prefered my Premium to live in. It seemed to have more useable storage and was quiet and comfy. This was an old Renault model on a 53 plate

i got mine rigid premium 4 weeks ago and compared to driving the volvo fl220 low cab i had its a dream bigger more storage easier to drive comfy bunk and it looks nice.

the best thing has to be how loud the engine brake is when you let off the throttle it wooshes air proper loud its fun watching people jump out of there skin in busy high streets

I have used an 07 plate one and thought that it was vastly superior to the old ones, easy cross cab access, handy tv table, and a comfy top bunk. However I think I would be tempted to ask for the topliner back as there is no comparison, whether it has done 700k or not, what state will the premium be in at this milage?, Nothing lasts like a Volvo or a Scania in my opinion. I have just sold an M reg Globetrotter 380, with 1.6 million kilometres on the clock which I used for driver training, and would have had no problems putting it back to work.

In my opinion trucks like Renault, Merc and Iveco are 3-5 year motors only.

bugcos:
In my opinion trucks like Renault, :open_mouth: Merc :open_mouth: and Iveco are 3-5 year motors only.

IMHO, there’s no way a Merc is comparable (in any fair test) to either a Renault or an Iveco.
I’ve driven several examples of all three on regular Austrian/Italian work, the biggest % of which was in Mercs, and the Mercs were the only ones in which I NEVER suffered mechanical problems.

You might have used an extremely small sample before coming to your conclusion. :wink:.

dieseldave:

bugcos:
In my opinion trucks like Renault, :open_mouth: Merc :open_mouth: and Iveco are 3-5 year motors only.

IMHO, there’s no way a Merc is comparable (in any fair test) to either a Renault or an Iveco.
I’ve driven several examples of all three on regular Austrian/Italian work, the biggest % of which was in Mercs, and the Mercs were the only ones in which I NEVER suffered mechanical problems.

You might have used an extremely small sample before coming to your conclusion. :wink:.

Ok Dave sorry about the Merc, I am basing it on the fleet spec Axor, I actually quite like the Actros Megaspace, and the Mercs of old :blush:

Ask any man that actually owns/drives a merc and you’ll find out what they’re really like. They were always a good reliabe truck. Renault were always a bit suspect but volvo can only steer them in the right direction. As for iveco,they never were much good and as my mate has a 3 month old one he’ll testify nothin has changed. Still too temprimantal despite some good points but if you cant rely on your truck to get you from a to b despite all the gadgets what good is it.

ellies dad:
Ask any man that actually owns/drives a merc and you’ll find out what they’re really like. They were always a good reliabe truck. Renault were always a bit suspect but volvo can only steer them in the right direction. As for iveco,they never were much good and as my mate has a 3 month old one he’ll testify nothin has changed. Still too temprimantal despite some good points but if you cant rely on your truck to get you from a to b despite all the gadgets what good is it.

Who owns who though? :question:

renaultman:

ellies dad:

Who owns who though? :question:

I drive one. I say when it gets serviced,washed or anything else you can think of. Oh yeah i ordered it aswell,from the technical to the trivial stuff so anything you need to be enlightened on :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

Mercs reliable! Thats a joke right?
Our fleet mostly mercs, had endless trouble with gearbox selector . The 8 speed slapppy air/hydrolic linkage to gearbox. Dealer spent best part of a year trying to sort the issue eventually they did not before some lads gained muscles in there left arm as big as Tyson. Cactros has had more electrical gremlins than an Iveco! Alternator ECU you name it its played up.
Thankfully so far the 57 plate ones we have seem ok!