Renault premiums

Any info on these trucks? Thinking of purchasing one they are cheaper than the scanias and volvos! Buy cheap, but twice?

Nowt wrong with a premium. All Volvo running gear, engines, chassis etc. it’s a Renault electrics on the Volvo I shift box which I found works not bad at all. Plenty room & comfy. Can’t tell you mpg but if I remember right the engine is basses on volvos 11ltr engine.

Good looking smart trucks IMO. I’d have one to tramp in happily

Speaking as a driver not an operator, I think the later version was a good truck. Quieter, more comfortable and loads more grunt than the original version. I used to do a week at a time in one, and ok it didn’t have the space of the big cab trucks, but it did for me. The quality seem ok, but the materials and colour they used doesn’t half attract and show up any dirt.

Now speaking as somebody who has to make the purchasing decision, I’d consider one especially as what you get for the price.

I do know somebody who had problems with his, mainly ad blue system, but I think it might have something to do with the fact that his system for putting ad blue into the trucks could lead to a lot of contamination. Also seemed to have spurious warnings come up that needed clearing when they got older, but I have similar problem with our FH.

He did have a lot of older Premiums that had done around a million kms and were still running, and not on easy work but onto farms, building sites and forest pulling full weight.

Not had one go pop on me,a few of the company 11 plates have burst into flames,something to do with torque setting on turbo bolts but they are my prefered truck over most trucks out there.

drive on my 4 on and I think they are a good truck

If something is cheaper theres always a reason,however in the case of the premium I think its down to “low appeal”. theres lots of topics on here about unreliable brands,we all know the 2 most common offenders but Renault are a great bargain I think. If I was going it alone I think a premium would be the best marque to “start off” with.

Having driven them from 385bhp to 460bhp, the latest breed is the best of all. They pull well at 44t, are comfortable, and fuel returns are average for the class.

One has to remember that they are a fleet truck, so if you like bells and whistles, then get something else.

There have been many threads on TN about the Premium, a lot of which I’ve contributed to, so I won’t rewrite them all on here, suffice to say as a hack, you’d be hard pressed to find better.

Ken.