New position

Well from my post about fixing a refrigerated trailer at work, there is an update to it now or rather a conclusion. In case you didn’t read my post. I was asked to repair a few refrigerated trailers after doing one as a favour. I refused and stood my ground. This has resulted in finding a large number of the fleet requiring conversion to R-452A. I am starting the conversion of 10 trailers and will be doing the conversions by my own company but whist doing this I have to leave my present employment as a driver. This is not just about money, which does actually play a part but down to current F-Gas laws and requirements. In return for my doing these conversions, part of my deal is that I can choose my options for driving employment again within the company which is very favorable to me. I am happy with the decision and I think the company involved has been very fair with me. We both get something out of this.
End of news flash, carry on.

:slight_smile:

Reef:

:slight_smile:

Thanks Reef, I knew you would be as thrilled as I am over this. :smiley:

Take no notice of this lot Trampy.

I love a good refrigeration tale or two :wink:

more.png

73c444fe-cfc0-40a2-b59d-f688f7299795.gif

the nodding donkey:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: best yet donkey!!

eagerbeaver:
Take no notice of this lot Trampy.

I love a good refrigeration tale or two :wink:

I will have to post some more of my stories from around the globe EB, I am a fascinating character and they do make a good read. Actually was thinking of writing my memoirs down and publishing a book as I am sure there would be many a sale from trampers looking for a good night read.

DonutUK:

That is a nice representation of you DonutUK straight from the family album no doubt, however this isn’t the post for putting up pictures of yourself, this is all about me, kindly do one.

UKtramp:
Well from my post about fixing a refrigerated trailer at work, there is an update to it now or rather a conclusion. In case you didn’t read my post. I was asked to repair a few refrigerated trailers after doing one as a favour. I refused and stood my ground. This has resulted in finding a large number of the fleet requiring conversion to R-452A. I am starting the conversion of 10 trailers and will be doing the conversions by my own company but whist doing this I have to leave my present employment as a driver. This is not just about money, which does actually play a part but down to current F-Gas laws and requirements. In return for my doing these conversions, part of my deal is that I can choose my options for driving employment again within the company which is very favorable to me. I am happy with the decision and I think the company involved has been very fair with me. We both get something out of this.
End of news flash, carry on.

So, in a nutshell, they wanted to access a skillset of yours which they weren’t prepared to pay for. You quite rightly refused. They’ve now bribed you with the offer of farmwork (which I’m guessing is your preferred role) and appropriate remuneration to do a job you didn’t particularly want to do. All you have to do is quit your current job first.
Is that right?

UKtramp:
part of my deal is that I can choose my options for driving employment again within the company which is very favorable to me.

Unless you have that in writing, I call BS. No firm will ever give a driver the better side of a deal.

ThrustMaster:

UKtramp:
part of my deal is that I can choose my options for driving employment again within the company which is very favorable to me.

Unless you have that in writing, I call BS. No firm will ever give a driver the better side of a deal.

I have it cast in stone, my deal is not a financial deal that will better me from my fellow drivers, (not that I would let that stop me) it is a position that I wanted, they have the position and I have the skills.

Just for giggles post a copy of the contract…

Heisenberrg:
Just for giggles post a copy of the contract…

UKtramp:
it is a position that I wanted,

Bent over with cheeks wide apart?

ThrustMaster:

UKtramp:
it is a position that I wanted,

Bent over with cheeks wide apart?

Close…

:laughing:

Not close in the least, I have not got legs like that and I certainly wouldn’t wear trousers like that either. I have very shapely legs and everyone compliments them. I also am a leader of fashion.

We’ll done, so you have come to a deal that suits both parties, you can update all your certificates, do another job which suits your skills, brush up on new practises for a profession you enjoy, and when you’ve had enough, return to driving, seems like a win win situation.