New Job

I have been offered a job with Hudson Haulage in Elmswell near Bury St Edmunds. Has anyone had any dealings with them?

They seem alright, the wagons are fairly old but in good condition and as my first permanent job I am very pleased. :laughing: Just wandered if it was a bit too good to be true. :confused:

Well I start my new job tomorrow with my first night out. Dead excited but nervous at the same time. :blush: Just want to get started now and get settled in. :laughing:

Let us know how it goes mate, and well done on securing f/t job, is it C or C&Eā– ā– ?

GOOD luck on the new job :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well the first day went fine. A nice gentle run to break me in. I would have been doing an arctic run but the load got cancelled. So I went out in a rigid for the day. Tomorrow is the real test is when I get to drive my truck. Although itā€™s a ā€œWā€ reg volvo FH12 tractor, its very clean and tidy. Just need to see how she drives. :laughing: Im going to Colchester then on to kent.

benjiboy:
Im going to Colchester then on to kent

Police forces and HATOs on the A14 and A12 have already been alerted :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink: :laughing:

Seriously, take your time, stay safe and enjoy :smiley:

Cheers Rog. :laughing: I do have one question. What does the broms brake button do? I read about it in a magazine on a new volvo and I noticed mine has it too.

benjiboy:
Cheers Rog. :laughing: I do have one question. What does the broms brake button do? I read about it in a magazine on a new volvo and I noticed mine has it too.

Its when there is no air in the tanks it wont release the brakes until there is sufficent air.
Think of it as an emergency brake if you likeā€¦ :wink:

Itā€™s a standard safety fit on all air-braked vehicles, itā€™s just that volvo (fm and fh) feel the need to have a button for itā€¦ Maybe they looked at the dashboard and thought ā€œIt looks a bit sparse, lets put another button there.ā€ It is, surprisingly missing from the fl thoā€¦

how did you get on with hudsons?been offered a job there todayā€¦class2 but not sure what to make of themā€¦cheers