B&Q

Hi all, was just wondering if anyone on here works for B&Q or has worked for them in the past. Is the job any good ? I am sure I will find out more if I get an interview but at least I will get an honest opinion from people on this site :laughing: The operations will be run by excel. Thanks for any info, DAZ

i think jammymuts your man for that… :wink:

Hi Tidy,

Wheres the job at? is it the job at Doncaster? for you or is it Worksop? If its Doncaster prepare for the easiest job you have ever had , Worksop i dont know about as its not open yet…

Its easy mate you will very rarely have to do more than 10 hours in a day some days 6 or 7 and go home all fairly new tackle and well looked after, NO handballing but on occasions you have to wait about for a load.

Hi there jammymutt, its the one in worksop. I will be moving house over that way in about 3 weeks to gateford which is about 10minutes drive from the new B&Q site. The job seems like it could be perfect for me. They have got a big board outside saying watch this space for job opportunities coming soon but I dont know exactley when its opening. I think it might be in a months time. I know this might sound really stupid but after 9 years of driving I have never worked with curtainsiders :open_mouth: as the stock we deliver is of very high value so never use them. Do you think this would be a problem ? I hope not. Any tips or other info you could give me would be very welcome as I really would like to get this job. What gearboxes are in the volvos ? Ta, Daz

The Volvo gearbox is the same as a ZF16, but with 4th gear blocked off, unless they give you I-shift in which case, I’ve got no idea :smiley: .

I heard that its gonna be september. You’ll know when it is cos there will be a queue of drivers from our place (hanleys) and canutes!!! all tryin to get in there. That said it helps if ya know the transport manager :wink:

TIDYCAB:
Hi all, was just wondering if anyone on here works for B&Q or has worked for them in the past. Is the job any good ? I am sure I will find out more if I get an interview but at least I will get an honest opinion from people on this site :laughing: The operations will be run by excel. Thanks for any info, DAZ

When Tibbett & Britten had the B&Q Contract it sucked (few years ago mind you) I hope things have improved. :slight_smile:

Bully

mmmm, just as I thought, I dont think they will have any problems at all with regards people after yhe job. I think there will be a que a mile long. It helps knowing that its about september time though :slight_smile: Theres also a tesco opening very soon at j30 m1, so if they are after drivers I will try their aswell.

Tidy the gearboxes are all auto so put it in to A and press the pedal couldnt be easier, As for the curtainsiders nearly all of them are air operated you release 2 buttons at the rear of the trailer and put some little wheels on a wire running the length of the trailer then pull the poles out and vice versa.

If you find out when the jobs are available can you let me know?, i am hoping it will be 4 on 4 off .

Any of you gus at Hanleys or Canute looking for a job at B&Q it might be worth your while popping in to the Grantham one as i think there might be one or two jobs going.

Cheers for that jammymutt, I will let you know as soon as I find anything out. I take it the gearbox is the i-shift one then? never used it although I have heard its good. Daz

TIDYCAB:
Cheers for that jammymutt, I will let you know as soon as I find anything out. I take it the gearbox is the i-shift one then? never used it although I have heard its good. Daz

Its the easiest thing i have ever driven, they will probably have you do a driver assesment which involves showing yo how to get the best performance ou tof it as they like to get a good mpg out of them if they can.

Thanks for all your help jammy :smiley:

this I shift! :open_mouth: will tidy be able to reach the gear lever over his humongous stomach? :laughing:

TIDYCAB:
Hi there jammymutt, its the one in worksop. I will be moving house over that way in about 3 weeks to gateford which is about 10minutes drive from the new B&Q site. The job seems like it could be perfect for me. They have got a big board outside saying watch this space for job opportunities coming soon but I dont know exactley when its opening. I think it might be in a months time. I know this might sound really stupid but after 9 years of driving I have never worked with curtainsiders :open_mouth: as the stock we deliver is of very high value so never use them. Do you think this would be a problem ? I hope not. Any tips or other info you could give me would be very welcome as I really would like to get this job. What gearboxes are in the volvos ? Ta, Daz

no i will resist the urge to give any comment on moving to worksop.

Bet the geezer who commented on my stomach is built like a Greek Adonis!! NOT :smiling_imp:

Bet he’s 6’ 2"

Goes to the gym

and looks like Brad Pitt

and my t’internet is playing up

:smiley: he he hee :smiley: