New job..nervous as hell

2 more night shifts at current employment then im leaving the comfort zone and starting a new job next tuesday…Im totally ■■■■■■■■ myself to be honest i will be doin work ive never done before,i am excited to be starting afresh and up for the challenge but nerves are makin my stomach do sumersaults already and its only bloody thurs,lol. Also a little sad to be leaving my current job but for several reasons i think its time to move on and the job im goin to is better wages and a 5min bike ride away from my house instead of the 45notes a week im spending on petrol at the mo.
Hopefully it will be ok,im hoping anyway cos ive wanted the job for a while now and it seems a good job.
Anyone in the Goole area lookin for night work it mite be an idea to give Simon Gibson Transport a call and ask for my old job,lol they are busy busy at mo and will want to get someone new on board asap once ive left,worth a try if you fancy powder tank work.

You’ll be fine, nothing like a fresh new challenge.

You’ll be OK mate don’t panic, just take it in your stride, and best of luck with it. Let us on here know how it’s going in a few weeks.

Nothing to worry about mate…cycling isnt that scary :wink:

You’'ll be fine, it’s normal to be nervous, just take your keys in one hand and your bottle in the other, the moment you are sat in the driver’s seat, all of the butterflies will be gone. Good luck!

must admit i get like you , very nervous about new jobs, its the main reason why i havent changed jobs, im too much in the comfort zone, know the jobs ,folks etc .just dont fancy starting all over, being the newbie.
best of luck

Thanks for the support,im sure it will be ok once get first couple days under my belt.Its funny how tho in my last week in current job everything seemed to of run smothly,no fall outs and everyone been o.t.t. nice to me weird,bloody messes with your head tho wondering if it isnt that bad after all,ha ha probably cos ive had a weight lifted off just handing my notice in and i feel happier in myself knowing im goin helps relax me a bit.
One things for sure i cant wait to get my own motor again after spending last couple months on nights cab hopping and forever cleaning other drivers mess up,i think i will be driving a Scania aswell which will make a change avent drove one for an age…all good!

Best of luck to you mate,hope all goes well…what is the new job??

Al

whos the new start with anyone we know ■■

Volvofh16:
i think i will be driving a Scania as well

Never mind. You’ll feel better after a lie down with that bump on your head. :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.