New start

Hey all just wanted ur thoughts on a new job iv been offered today…

At the moment im in a really stressfull job delivering access equipment on a low loader I work for a small company that are outside transport for an access company. 4 drivers which one is the gaffer the other is his son and another driver and me and u can guess who gets the pick of good routes :slight_smile: the phone is constantly ringing, ur day is constantly changing and u have really gotta crack on to get the work done like today for example I got stuck on a site for 2 hours because somebody decided to use an off hired machine and take it to the third floor which had to be craned out in the end then the next job was a barn in the middle of nowhere nobody on site all locked up and I had no phone signal but the company we are doin work for still wanted the rest of the work doin and my gaffer said its gotta be done (I mean what do they expect)

I went for an interview last week with Blakmores nice clean work job and knock with performance bonuses for roughly the same money no brainer I thought? And im deciding to take it to get away from this ■■■■. Yes I know its different and it would take some getting used too but im just fed up with my current line of work and at least ill be working for a company direct and the work will be fairly dished out? What do you think

Sounds like you have answered your own question, good luck with the new job bud!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I’m in the same boat as you. I have a very good non trucking job at this time but I have just got a transfer and hate it. I’m going back to a driving (artic) work which will be more hours but I would enjoy it more than the one I’m in now.
Done a lot of sole searching before making my mind up but when your not happy you need to go as it will only get you down more as time goes by. You only have one life so live it and I wish you well with your new job.

Ok thanks fellas… p.s not looking forward to giving my notice in tomorrow but well looking forward to working with the woman that interviewed me ; ) high curumba !!!