New garmin truck sat nav coming soon!

If like me you are a happy Garmin user, but have also looked for Lorry Driver options, I have some information from Garmin that might be of interest.

Having seen the posts regarding Tom Tom Truck, I got wondering as a Garmin user, what was the other major player doing in this regard, so I called them today to ask. This is what I was told.

“By the end of the second quarter of this year they should be releasing a dedicated Lorry Sat Nav that they have been developing”.

He also said that others (their competitors) had had some issues and they wanted these to be ironed out first.
I thought others Garmin users might want to be aware, before they choose to spend there money elsewhere as I, as a Garmin man, would prefer to look there first. Might be worth the wait.

SUBMITTED FOR YOUR INFORMATION

You can get PRO CAB+ that will download onto any Garmin, but I have done a bit of research into Trucknav now and I will be buying a SNOOPER PROLINE S2000 TRUCKMATE, they are quite expensive at £330 compared to the £50 downloads for the TOM TOM and Garmin etc but out of everyone I have asked nobody has had any complaints about the PROLINE, the only thing that puts me of Garmin is that I have one for the car and the routes are not that good, ie not the fastest or easyest routes to get to where you are going.

I mentioned on your Sat Nav post that I had been looking at Procab+, but I can find no feedback at all other than their own site. Surely if it was any good somebody would be saying something. I even emailed an enquiry asking if they knew of any reviews, but just asked what I was going to use it for. I replied Navigate in a Class 2 Lorry, but got no reply. Does not give me confidence even though I find their low bridges good.

Again if anybody knows of any feedback regarding Procab+ I’d be interested to read it!

usually customer support wouldnt have that kind of information. available to them strane that theyve not anounced anything publicly yet. having said that they have partned with a fleet systems company to provide a logistics solution similar to tomtom work ill post the link to the story when rikki has oked it

procab+ only adds a poi list so you can set up a warning it will not auto route away from wiehgt limits espceially on tomtom as the units do not have this facilit on them

No wonder nobody is talking about Procab+, you still have to work out your own route!
I did not study the info on their sit enough to realise, I was just trying to find someones review or feedback.

Thanks for pointing that out. I’m sure it would be useful, but £50 + £25 per annum update. for POI’s

The SNOOPER PROLINE S2000 TRUCKMATE comes with free updates for life if bought before 31/12/09. If you go to www.snooperdirect.com and click on PROLINE S2000 TRUCKMATE you can get one for £339.99 inc VAT and delivery (cheaper then the one I found on ebay), plus they are throwing in a couple of free extras like a carry case etc. I have been asking around and even put a post on trucknet myself asking for advive. This Snooper seems the best one out there at the moment, it also has bluetooth hands free built into it and an MP3 player.

Just did a Google search,

‘SNOOPER TRUCKMATE FORUM’

to see what people who had used one were reporting. Must say it was quite mixed!

dizzyfizzy, if you have looked into it more and are convinced, I noticed a couple on ebay (Brand New),
actually up for auction, not buy it now! Will be interesting to see what they reach.