New Driver - Step 2

New licence with provisional entitlement for categories C and D arrived in the post today (also had additional provisional for GH on - no idea why). Posted off my forms last Tuesday, so a six day turnaround, including a weekend, is pretty good in my book :smiley:

Checked my licence details and all is in order - I’ve heard of people losing motorcycle or ‘a.n.other’ entitlement in the past when sending their licences back to DVLA!

Also now booked both my theory and hazard perception tests for the same day, one after the other, on 4th Feb (gulp!)

And finally I’ve now sent off my application for a digi tacho card.

Time to get swotting up for the tests - oh and find a training company!

Good luck with theory and h/p I passed these last year and found h/p a pain…failed first attempt got 63 then next time scraped a pass with 73. All the best to you and keep studying. I found evening time best coz you sleep with it and it sticks to your brain better I thought any way. Have you got the official dsa theory test book?

Good stuff matey

I’m not far behind you, sent off for my provisional on Thursday so hoping to have it back this week sometime :smiley:

What are you using to revise for the theory? CD? Books? Or that LGV Theory and hazard perception app?

I’ve got the app but I’m not sure if that’s all I need?

I have totally finished course now. The book I used for theory practice is stated in my last message.its got basically everything you need to know

Oops sorry. That message wasn’t for you :blush:

djp:
…Have you got the official dsa theory test book?

Macca77:
What are you using to revise for the theory? CD? Books? Or that LGV Theory and hazard perception app?

I may have gone OTT, but ordered these from Amazon. Should be here by the end of this week. Also got a 2009 version of the Highway Code and using the gov uk website version here gov.uk/highway-code/contents

Order (Custom).jpg

That last DVD - Complete LGV and PCV is excellent, I used it for mine. Has a complete Highways code as well on it. Keep doing all the mock tests and you’ll be good to go on the day.

Shame you’ve had to buy them though. After I passed I put all mine up for grabs to first person who asked as a freebie. Wish others would do same and pass theirs on. Expensive enough as it is getting your licence.

Books arrived this morning. By 'eck, that Theory book’s quite a tome! :laughing:

books.jpg

I’m using that disk, also got the dsa guide to driving goods vehicles, a lot of useful information in there!!