Theory Test

Got my theory test booked for this Saturday morning at 11.30.

I must admit I am feeling a little apprehensive now the day is looming and I would like some advice on what to expect please.

I did the mock tests at L+T a couple of weeks ago, got 34/35 on the theory, and managed the mock hazard test easily enough too.

When its all over I will be booking my assessment drive ASAP!

Cheers

If you’re getting 33/35 on the mock tests I wouldn’t worry. Just take your time and remember: RTFQ!

Have you practised on the Hazard Perception tests? (part of the theorey test)

This catches out even very experienced drivers as it’s more about technique on the software than driving and spotting hazards. If you fail this bit you fail the theorey too.

If you haven’t I recommend the Focus 2-CD set Driving Test Hazard Perception. You can get them from Amazon for £9 new and £3-ish used.

Good Luck

Sorry Paul. And there’s me saying RTFQ and I didn’t read your post fully as I see you’ve had a go at the hazard test :blush: :unamused:

All the best with your test, and good luck on the assessment!!!

Cheers

Steve

the Theory itself is the easiest thing ever, you’d have to be ■■■■■■■ doped up or blind to fail it.

The hazard perception section is more tricky, but i found so long and you ‘pretend’ you’re actually driving and let your feet work the pedals, then click when you feel yourself lifting off the gas and again when you go for the brake, and you should be ok.

Thanks for all the advice.

I have been practicing the hazard part of the test on my PC with some cd’s I got from ASDA, maybe not exactly what the real test will be like, but similar.

As for the theory part, I have read the book I got from L+T from cover to cover several times and practiced with a theory cd I came across, consistently scoring 33/34 out of 35.

All of the above will make no difference if I ■■■■ up on the big day though :laughing:

I’m as ready as I’ll ever be…I think :exclamation: