New Co op RDC at Andover

Is it up and running yet ?. Anyone know how many drivers they are expecting to employ there ?.

i heard a month ago that it was opening in feb/march and fully up and running in the late summer its replacing fareham rdc so think most of the drivers from there are going to relocate , theres a few from chelston rdc going to move up there cause chelston will shut by summer 2012 and new cdc in avonmouth might be run by wincanton but andover run in house so better wages and hours , i only had a couple years at chelston and when heard it was shutting got me old job back more hours but its a job not much else around here if you want nights at home ! good luck mate bear in mind theres loads of little hand ball shops around in the south west with a bunch of moaning misserable old women in who have got bad backs so they cant give you a hand and cant even work the kettle !!!

Ran down to Wincanton yesterday and the building is really taking shape,all the loading bays are in but they haven’t started the yard yet,the new entrance roads look ready :wink:

I think there going to be very short of drivers. as i was in fml 2 weeks ago and i was told theres only 32 driver moving up…■■? 220 short…And the avonmouth depot has been put on hold as well…

Is that the depot at the side of the a303 :question:

3wheelsonmycage:
I think there going to be very short of drivers. as i was in fml 2 weeks ago and i was told theres only 32 driver moving up…■■? 220 short…And the avonmouth depot has been put on hold as well…

How do you know its been put on hold ?

Northern boy:
Is that the depot at the side of the a303 :question:

Yes mate,was going to be a Tesco depot but they pulled out and Co-op took the land

Thanks mate i have seen it going up when i was last down there. I will check it out on monday when
i am on my way back from DINTON.

One of their Fareham drivers posted on another forum that it will be fully open in june and norbert dentrssangle have been given a 5 year contract to run the transport.
He says that they will be looking for around 220 drivers ,and at the moment the co op drivers are on 31,000 a year ,but they dont know what ND will be paying.
I may be wrong ,but i cant see them paying that much,thats probably why theyve contracted it out to get the costs down.IMO.

The information locally is that they still dont know what they are paying drivers, I work for DHL and to be honest better the devil you know as it were.

I have a driving assessment there on tuesday for ND, dont know what to expect or what the pay is. Any ideas anyone?

The fella that gets on truckersworld that drives for co-op fareham says he knows a few people that have gone there for assessments and interviews and when it came to the pay they syill didnt know what the hours were going to be or what they were paying.
Bit strange that really.