New Co-op RDC Avonmouth

Hi All,

I’ve been waiting a while to apply for a class 1/2 job at this new rdc, and have finally found out that applications will be accepted in mid August. Apparently though the transport side will be run by Norbert Dentressangle?

Is this a new development and are they any good to work for? I have heard that very few existing coop drivers have decided to move to the new site so prob quite a few jobs going.

Andy

Good luck m8 they used to be good to work for.Some new depots have Nrberts doing the transport so god knows what he is paying.Doubt it will be what us coop employed drivers are on.

Currently work for Norberts at COOP Andover. Looking to transfer myself along with a few others to Avonmouth.
Very few problems regarding transport although the wear house can test your patience sometimes!! lol
Well trained to start with, the induction is 3 days towards CPC. Nice gear and a reasonable rota. Paid on time too!! Work is good, haven’t really had a bad day yet regarding the stores and unloading etc!!

Good luck!

localboy:
Hi All,

I’ve been waiting a while to apply for a class 1/2 job at this new rdc, and have finally found out that applications will be accepted in mid August. Apparently though the transport side will be run by Norbert Dentressangle?

Is this a new development and are they any good to work for? I have heard that very few existing coop drivers have decided to move to the new site so prob quite a few jobs going.

Andy

Yes it’s a brand new place, yes its being run by Norbert, the drivers from Wellington probably are the ones who won’t be transferring that’s if there’s any left. The kit or some of it I’ve heard will be renewed but not sure how much of it. The outside looks ready I think it’s just inside work left to finish.

The new site is supposed to start up from Sept, but not fully operational until early 2013 when they will transfer everything over and shut the outlying depots.

There’s alot of grumblings as the current drivers (Wincantons) arent too happy about the t&c’s on offer with the tupe transfer (Norbets want to change the shift patterns and rotations). I heard that there were problems with Noberts in Co-Op Andover as they couldnt get drivers due to the low rates on offer and were relying heavily on agency.

I work for the co op in andover and will be applying for a driving job at andover when i go in
2mozs as ive just passed my test :smiley: from what ive been told class 2 - 24k class1 27+k
could be the same rates.
Dan

Andover is class 2 £24500 and class 1 £27500 for a 48 hour week.
Overtime paid after that. You will get paid a full week if you work under hours too, no banking of hours to make it up etc. you are paid monthly though!

JOB ALERT JOB ALERT JOB ALERT

Just in case you didn’t get set on at Co-Op Avonmouth, Gregorys are wanting
Class Two Drivers at their depot in Avonmouth.

http://www.gdl.uk.com/recruitment_details.asp?JobID=39

Dieseldoforme:
Just in case you didn’t get set on at Co-Op Avonmouth, Gregorys are wanting Class Two Drivers at their depot in Avonmouth.

http://www.gdl.uk.com/recruitment_details.asp?JobID=39

Now - Class One Drivers also wanted :

http://www.gdl.uk.com/recruitment_details.asp?JobID=40

Do they take new drivers?

Dan

Dan_1986:
Do they take new drivers?

Dan

Can’t hurt to apply :wink:

Ive sent an email off to them asking them so we shall see. I have a class 2 job with the co op but im itching to get tramping. Am i mad? Ha
Dan

Dan_1986:
Ive sent an email off to them asking them so we shall see. I have a class 2 job with the co op but im itching to get tramping. Am i mad? Ha
Dan

No you’re not mad. Tramping is a great way of life if you’re single, or got a great, very understanding wife like mine :wink: .

I have a understanding wife well she says she doesnt mind as she knows its something i would like to do.

Dan_1986:
I have a understanding wife well she says she doesnt mind as she knows its something i would like to do.

In that case getting home is great! :wink: