New co-op rdc at andover

Looks like the co-op are building a new warehouse at the old andover airfield and not tesco, lets hope its built soon so we can get some drivers off the dole :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
andoveradvertiser.co.uk/news … ield_site/

Well, I hope the gate code works, unlike when you go to the Co-op at Thurrock. With all the money they make, you wouldn’t think it was too much to ask to employ some minimum wage Filipino to open the gate for you, like Sainsbury’s do.

I reckon it won’t be long before we have to self-tip at all RDCs, not just Aldi, Lidl etc.

I’m not sure if its true or not TESCO’s have bought that airfield at High Wycombe the one just by the M40.

codge123:
Looks like the co-op are building a new warehouse at the old andover airfield and not tesco, lets hope its built soon so we can get some drivers off the dole :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
andoveradvertiser.co.uk/news … ield_site/

Yeah there’s been talk of it for a while now… was rumoured to be Winchester / M3 corridor somewhere so that’s about right - I’m sure we’ve heard that they’ll be moving the Eastleigh and Fareham depots into it though so not sure how many new jobs it’d create ? If Thurrock or Coventry are anything to go by though it will be a big old site - so who knows ?

And couldn’t agree more Harry Monk ! - the gates are a joke - why would you want to speak to some security bod in Manchester via intercom just to get in the gate at Coventry ? ? ( We’ve still got an old fashioned gate-house in Halesowen, but I guess there’s a few complaints about that too ! :laughing: )

Bigg Mike:
Yeah there’s been talk of it for a while now… was rumoured to be Winchester / M3 corridor somewhere so that’s about right - I’m sure we’ve heard that they’ll be moving the Eastleigh and Fareham depots into it though so not sure how many new jobs it’d create ?

i have heard that it will create about 350 jobs (200 of them being drivers) as they will be expanding thier delivery area as well.

dont know how true it is but its a good thing if you ask me!!

Lee G:
i have heard that it will create about 350 jobs (200 of them being drivers) as they will be expanding thier delivery area as well.

If thats true then I might apply as Andover is 20 minutes drive rom Basingstoke rather than the 45 minutes to Hounslow…

DAF95XF:

Lee G:

If thats true then I might apply as Andover is 20 minutes drive rom Basingstoke rather than the 45 minutes to Hounslow…

Just make sure you book a holiday with a nice discount before you leave mate :sunglasses:

you mean you get cheap holidays?

Lee G:

And discounted brand new cars, discounted red letter days, discounted RAC membership etc… :wink:

DAF95XF:

Lee G:

And discounted brand new cars, discounted red letter days, discounted RAC membership etc… :wink:

You forgot the funerals!

DAF95XF:

Lee G:

Well luckily for me I’m off till Wednesday, but I will make enquiries when I get back - believe it or not in Halesowen we are classed as in the ‘Southern’ region in Co Op terms, so there should be plenty of info about. I’ll see what I can dig up and report back here !

Watch this space ! :slight_smile: