New Co-op @ Gate28 Mickey1, Info please

Hi,
Does anyone have info about the new Co-op hub at j28 M1?

Its a brand new build of a fair size, not operational yet but looks nearly ready.
Tried the search button but it’s not happening for me.

Like to know about class1 vacancies, do they employ direct or agency?

Thanks…

you’ll prob find its a direct move over from the old Alfreton site.It’s not signed off yet to Co-op bit like Avonmouth have a look on co-op web site or check Nobbely dangellybit site as they seem to have the transport for Andover and Avonmouth

As far as I know ( I know who the new TM is ) it’s a direct move from alfreton and they will be taking on some new drivers as well. If I see him I can always ask for you? I believe they are mainly Own drivers on Class 1 and have some agency on Class 2. Not supposed to be terrible money either.According their website they expect to create another 300 jobs, but it doesn’t mention if they are drivers or warehouse.

apparently they are recruiting november for warehouse staff and drivers the staff from alfreton wouldnt fill the smoking shelter at the new one our manager is going as the compliance manager thats what he told us its 4 on 4 off £30000 per year :smiley: think it opens january

Due to open next year, mid year onwards. Combining Alfreton and Blenheim (Nottingham ambient). Run by coop, not Nobby.

Thanks for the reply’s…

NickW pm sent…
danj do you know who’s doing the recruitment or where to get an application?

Application forms will be posted online at the end of the year

There is a lot of BS on this topic as the Transport Managers job hasn’t even been advertised yet it goes up at the end of this week. I work at the Nottingham site currently. The ramp up starts in March and should be finished by August Co-op haven’t confirmed yet if they will be running there own transport operation yet however they did say that they were not expecting to contract it out. There are absolutly NO owner drivers at the moment at either Nottjngham or Alfreton and they haven’t hinted at any either.

Class 2 wages are £29,600 pa Class 1 is around £31,000 these are day shift rates. They expect to serve over 500 stores when fully operational so I would expect they will need around 250 - 280 drivers at Nottingham we have around 70 I know Alf have alot more.

If you contact 0115 9798200 and ask to speak to James Stevenson who is acting TM at Nottingham he might be able to give more info to people who want to apply.

Oh and also the agency they use is Ocean City Recruitment can’t remember the number but ask for Mel he’s the top bloke there. In recent times most drivers have been taken on via the agency but dont know how it will work with Castlewood

they also use employ(ashbourne) and adr

I’m hoping they recruit direct & not thru agencies, I’m very reluctant to ever sign with one again.

NewLad:
There is a lot of BS on this topic as the Transport Managers job hasn’t even been advertised yet it goes up at the end of this week. I work at the Nottingham site currently. The ramp up starts in March and should be finished by August Co-op haven’t confirmed yet if they will be running there own transport operation yet however they did say that they were not expecting to contract it out. There are absolutly NO owner drivers at the moment at either Nottjngham or Alfreton and they haven’t hinted at any either.

Class 2 wages are £29,600 pa Class 1 is around £31,000 these are day shift rates. They expect to serve over 500 stores when fully operational so I would expect they will need around 250 - 280 drivers at Nottingham we have around 70 I know Alf have alot more.

If you contact 0115 9798200 and ask to speak to James Stevenson who is acting TM at Nottingham he might be able to give more info to people who want to apply.

I wouldn’t count on that. TM’s name is Tim Swan, unless they have lied to us completely at work. Leaving DHL to join.

I think little Timmy is telling you tales mate

hes leaving thorntons dhl thought he was compliance manager though not tm :smiley: