New CO OP rdc Avonmouth, Bristol.

Heard at the beginning of the year It’s being built at the Honda compound in Avonmouth, well this week some serious heavy plant has arrived and something is going on so anybody heard anything :question:

Is there an echo on here??

dri-diddly-iver:
Is there an echo on here??

Yes :smiley: :smiley:

Come on there must be someone with their ear to the ground who knows what’s happening. :exclamation:

co-operative.coop/food/whats … -overhaul/

thecrownestate.co.uk/newscon … t-sale.htm

meatinfo.co.uk/news/fullstor … depot.html

You’re a star Denis.

My dad lives in Wellington, and his neighbour works for the Co-op as a driver there, apparantly they’ve been told that the RDC in Wellington is moving to the Bristol area in the “near future” (whatever that means)

Looking like next year some time, Avonmouth is gonna get a lot busier .

as long as they close the ■■■■■■■■■ that is portbury dox ill be happy

hopefully that ■■■■ house of a ex somerfields depot at bridgewater will be shutting to. the lads down at wellington are a cracking bunch on goods in and get stuck in. has the one in plympton shut cause i ain’t been there for a while.

jonboy

Somerfields Bridgwater is closed already, and most of the drivers are hoping to go to the new Morrisons depot after being pretty upset by the new Co-op ownership.
Plympton will remain open, Chelston(Wellington) and Portbury will close when Avonmouth opens (which will be some time away).
This is the well known Co-op planning… Meh, the only part of the Bridgwater Somerfields depot that didn’t work well was ambient goods in, the rest of the depot worked very well. I speak as someone who did quite a bit of work there.
If you do go to the new Avonmouth depot for a job, expect to be treated like a 5 year old, rumours around the depot were that Andover were losing 80% or more of drivers during induction, despite above average wages. Expectations internally were around £32k for Avonmouth, and nearly £35k for Andover.

Information circulating also included the statement that the Honda site was causing construction delays, due to soft ground and possible traffic level objections from the council.

malcolmj:
as long as they close the [zb] that is portbury dox ill be happy

What’s wrong with it I had 16 great years there docking, then they decided to completely change all the contracts and terms and conditions and also shift patterns so I left, so yeah they can shut it you’re right.