New bridge design

Must be a new design of bridge.

itv.com/news/westcountry/20 … s-incident

It’s invisible.

I’m assuming you’re being tongue in cheek, but if not, no, not all bridge strikes are height-related, this is just a very narrow one that you have to drive over, this driver didn’t make it. The headline does show the standard of journalism these days.

I don’t know the spot and to be fair the headline ‘Lorry gets stuck under Bickleigh Bridge’ had me thinking it was height related.

The line ‘Subject to approval, the signs would consist of an electric vehicle-activated.’ mid article also goes to to show proof reading by an editor (or even reporter) is probably a thing long lost.

njl:
I don’t know the spot and to be fair the headline ‘Lorry gets stuck under Bickleigh Bridge’ had me thinking it was height related.

The line ‘Subject to approval, the signs would consist of an electric vehicle-activated.’ mid article also goes to to show proof reading by an editor (or even reporter) is probably a thing long lost.

My daughter was a proof reader for the local paper, when it was taken over by Trinity Mirror group over 10 years ago all the proof readers were made redundant.
“Journalists will proof-read their own articles”, they said.
This might have worked if the journalists had an IQ of more than 80 or had passed A level English (though nowadays that is not much of a qualification compared to what it used to be).