Need i say anything

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6260516.stm

Looks like she already has the gut for the job :smiley:

SfL is still peddling the lies they have for years then.

There are also misconceptions such as the long working hours and heavy lifting. Possibly the biggest is that it’s a job for people who can’t do anything else.

Riiight. I must be imagining do 50 hrs in 4 days and dragging 1.3 tonne pallecons off fridges with a hand truck.

“It can be whatever you want it to be,” says my trainer Phil, who has been in the industry for 16 years. "If you want to deliver goods in your local town and finish in time to pick up the kids from school you can. If you want to see the world and earn some good money you can.

Can I have one of these mystical elusive jobs? 15 years in and I’ve yet to find one.

Can you all please send your comments.

Longwayround:
Looks like she already has the gut for the job :smiley:

thats not her gut :open_mouth: it’s no bra and gravity :laughing:

where are they buying their trucks :question: :question: :question:

With top-of-the-range lorries costing close to £750,000,

It seems Scania are now a Swedish haulage company. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Skills shortage my arse. I just lost £2 an hour at a weekend if they are that short i would not be having my wages cut.

Sandy Crach, Leeds, UK

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Its champions argue it’s skilled and drivers can rack up £50,000 a year and travel the world. Companies in Canada will even sponsor drivers who want to move from the UK

thats the job i want :open_mouth:

The location of the depot, run by Swedish haulage company Scania, is hardly promising

what [zb] muppet wrote this pile of ■■■■■■ scania are now hauliers :unamused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Mostly, it only has itself to blame. With strippers and even a ■■■ shop - albeit recently closed

i use to enjoy truckworld :sunglasses: :smiley: :smiley:

“It’s a much more sophisticated industry these days,” says Phil. With top-of-the-range lorries costing close to £750,000, he’s not joking.

pictured with his x reg 114 :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing:

And you don’t pull off in first, it’s usually third. It all feels very alien, but I get going without stalling.

if i pulled off in third fully loaded my gaffer would have my testicles in a vice :open_mouth:

jon

Well im such a thick trucker that i thought Scania/Saab were a vehicle manufacturer, Oh well i stand corrected… :confused:

run by Swedish haulage company Scania

Well i hope she’s a better driver than she is a journalist…Try reaserching a little less half arsed next time luv… :unamused:

54ft articulated lorry, that weighs 32 tonnes when fully loaded

Oh right i see…Full apologies to you sweetheart i got my back up coz i thought you were refering to us…Then i looked at the photo. :smiling_imp:

All belly and no brains

Stick to the knitting column next time totty :imp:

(All quotes in red added to fulfil your misconcieved ideas of me/us) :wink:

btw i work with a female LGV 1 driver and she F’s and Blinds and uses the C word more in one sentence than i ever would in a week :open_mouth:

“If you picture the average British lorry driver, chances are it’s a white, middle-aged man”

thats about right.

“Currently only 1.3% of the UK’s lorry drivers are female”

i think its more than that, see plenty of ladies driving tippers nowadays.

“With strippers and even a ■■■ shop - albeit recently closed - a “feature” at some road-side truck stops, this is one notoriously unreconstructed industry.”

are they having a laugh, if there was a truckstop with male strippers i know a few famale drivers who would go, probably a few blokes to.

and this in the responses

“I used to be a long-distance truck driver but quit the industry because of the unsociable hours” :laughing:
ive never known a long distance lorry driver to work 9 to 5.

Reef:
i work with a female LGV 1 driver and she F’s and Blinds and uses the C word more in one sentence than i ever would in a week :open_mouth:

I didn’t know you worked with Lucy? :wink: :smiley:

I must admit i haven’t heard her use the C word :wink:

Coffeeholic:

containers :exclamation: all the time.

the only way to make sure you can pick the kids up from school is to start at midnight :angry: :angry: :angry:
this is a male dominated industry mostly because it is most definatly not family friendly .
you can never ever garentee to be anywhere at a given time . i know it takes 3 hours to get to covent garden market most nights but if you get caught up in an incident on the motorway it could take for ever

dave:

Coffeeholic:

containers :exclamation: all the time.

No, no. The one that isn’t as bad as containers. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :wink:

Coffeeholic:

Reef:
i work with a female LGV 1 driver and she F’s and Blinds and uses the C word more in one sentence than i ever would in a week :open_mouth:

In all honesty i was stood by the burger van chatting to Kim and the thought did cross my mind “i bet this is what it must be like for the poor sods that work with our lucy” :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Reef:

Coffeeholic:

Reef:

In all honesty i was stood by the burger van chatting to Kim and the thought did cross my mind “i bet this is what it must be like for the poor sods that work with our lucy” :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

is he walking on thin ice or about to drown in the floods,
the phrase DEAD man walking springs to mind.

I think that is about one of the most factually incorrect and misleading articles i have ever read. From the BBC as well :smiley: You can never believe anything them journalists tell ya.