Need advice on this

hi guys i work four a civil engernering company driving the grab wagon i probliey dont even drive more than 4 hours a day the company want me to do 6 days a week till xmas can i do this worrierd about my 45 hours off thanks lads

Do you use a tacho?

Some are exempt.

yes mate i do

if ur only doing 4 hours a day, start an hour or 2 late on the 1st day after weekly rest. so if u finish at 1300 on sat, u can start at 10 on the monday, u still had 45 hours off.

i might be wrong i often am but its my understandin that 12.00 hours on the synday on cant be included as the 45 hour brack as its part of the next week

orry bob wat i mean is my day starts at 7 and finish at 5 wat i ma=ean by driving is i am constentley start and stop so never drive more than 4 hours

You can work 6 days every week as long as you’ve had the required weekly rest either a 45 or reduced break. If you have a reduced break of not less than 24 hours then you must compensate for those reduced hours by the end of the third week after the reduction.

Any idea what time you will finish on a Saturday and what time do you usually start on a Monday?

Here’s an example for you
Week 1
Finish sat at 2pm start Monday at 6am total break=40 hours
Week 2
must be min of 45 hours, because of the reduced break the previous week. finish sat at 2pm you can’t start then until 11am Monday
Week 3
Finish sat at 2pm start Monday at 6am total break= 40 hours
Week 4
Must be 45 hours plus a further 5 hours compensation from week 1. Finish sat 2pm you then can’t start until 4pm Monday

Etc etc

This is how i have always worked, but I’m sure someone will tell me if I’m wrong

in that case easy rule of thumb is 2 weeks x 6 days then 1 x 5 days and repeat.

–bob–:

Given his start and finish times that would probably mean two consecutive weeks with only reduced rest periods and that isn’t allowed. In any two consecutive weeks you must have at least one regular and one reduced rest period. Daleyboy’s example is correct.

bjd:
i might be wrong i often am but its my understandin that 12.00 hours on the synday on cant be included as the 45 hour brack as its part of the next week

That is incorrect, see my answer to your question about weekly rest HERE

Coffeeholic:

–bob–:

Given his start and finish times that would probably mean two consecutive weeks with only reduced rest periods and that isn’t allowed. In any two consecutive weeks you must have at least one regular and one reduced rest period. Daleyboy’s example is correct.

not disputing I’m wrong, just wondering why I am. I thought u could make up the reduced rest from either the previous or the following week, potentially allowing 2 consecutive weeks between. have I mixed up another rule or total misunderstanding?

–bob–:

Coffeeholic:

–bob–:

not disputing I’m wrong, just wondering why I am. I thought u could make up the reduced rest from either the previous or the following week, potentially allowing 2 consecutive weeks between. have I mixed up another rule or total misunderstanding?

Bit of mixing rules and misunderstanding i think. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

You must compensate for a reduced weekly rest by the end of the third week following the reduction, see Daleyboy’s example above. You can’t compensate for the reduction before you have taken it so hours from a previous week don’t count.

In any two weeks you must have at least one regular weekly rest of not less than 45 hours so in your suggestion of 2x6 days and then 1x5 days the 2x6 day weeks would be two consecutive weeks with only reduced rest periods and that wouldn’t meet the weekly rest requirements.

think I got it now. I had heard the 1st bit b4 which is where the 3 week cycle came from. didn’t no about the second bit at all :blush: amazing how many tms work off this tho.