Week end driving

Hope some one can help?
I will have driven mon-fri shifts between 8 and 12 hours (starting between 4-5 am)including breaks and my boss wants me to drive sat starting 4pm- possibly 4am sun morn then start my week again mon morn.Would not this be an infringement as im not getting my min weekly 36 hr break?
Cheers

nobby003:
Hope some one can help?
I will have driven mon-fri shifts between 8 and 12 hours (starting between 4-5 am)including breaks and my boss wants me to drive sat starting 4pm- possibly 4am sun morn then start my week again mon morn.Would not this be an infringement as im not getting my min weekly 36 hr break?
Cheers

You should start a weekly rest no later than six 24 hour periods from the end of the last weekly rest.
So if you started at 04:00 Monday you should begin a weekly rest no later than 04:00 Sunday.

The weekly rest is now 45 hours, a reduced weekly rest is no less than 24 hours.

In any two consecutive weeks you must have at least either two full 45 hour weekly rest or one full weekly rest and a reduced weekly rest.

Therefore assuming that you had a full 45 hour weekly rest the previous week, and you started at 04:00 Monday and finished your last shift at 04:00 the following Sunday, you could have a reduced weekly rest and begin work no earlier than 04:00 Monday, you should then be sure to have a full 45 hour weekly rest the following week.

The compensation for a reduced weekly rest period should be payed back by the end of the third week following the week in which a reduced weekly rest was taken.

HTH.

EDIT - scrapped - tachograph is on line :smiley:

ROG:
EDIT - scrapped - tachograph is on line :smiley:

No need to delete the post though ROG, we all make mistakes so another post that seems to confirm the correctness of a post is good

Cheers tacho,I knew some one on here would know-- nice one :smiley: