Nearly got done over on the A34 last night,thieving gits!

Got badly held up at one of the UK’s premier ports last night(Southampton) so just had enough time to reach a layby just by Winchester.
Woke up this morning to find thieving gits had tried to empty my fuel tank as when i jumped out found my locking fuel cap sitting on the tank and the fuel sender unit stuck out and aperture all bent.
Looked in tank and the gits hadn’t had a drop,the tank was still full,thanks to my fuel anti syphon device they couldn’t get in,God what i’d have given to have seen there faces when they saw the tank was full and they couldn’t get a drop out!!
Sraightened the aperture up and put the sender in,noticing that the gauge part was missing,drove up to Oxford and promptly broke down with fuel starvation.Both fuel sender unit and lift pump had to be changed,not cheap on a Volvo and with the 6 hours labour i reckon it was bloody expensive!
So please be careful on that a34,oh and the container was never touched so i think they were the local ■■■■■’s!!
Just trying to get our gaffer to pay service’s parking but like he said nowhere’s that safe now.

It could have been even more expensive, normally when they can’t get the fuel due to an anti syphon device they just puncture the tank. They take what they can and the rest just pours away.

Coffeeholic:
It could have been even more expensive, normally when they can’t get the fuel due to an anti syphon device they just puncture the tank. They take what they can and the rest just pours away.

Thats my take on it too mate. I don’t normally even lock my fuel cap, if it’s got a lock on it. A six inch nail will go straight through the side of a tank with one good belt from a decent sized hammer. It doesn’t even make much noise, with a full tank, steel or aluminium makes little odds either.

Simon:
A six inch nail will go straight through the side of a tank with one good belt from a decent sized hammer. It doesn’t even make much noise[

IMHO you shouldn’t be giving some people ideas. :unamused:

DAFMAD:

Simon:
A six inch nail will go straight through the side of a tank with one good belt from a decent sized hammer. It doesn’t even make much noise[

IMHO you shouldn’t be giving some people ideas. :unamused:

:confused:

IMHO you shouldn’t be giving some people ideas.

Does’nt take to many brain cells to work that one out.

Its also been known for em to have a hollow spike with a tube attached to one end mounted on a trolly jack type thing. Put it under the tank and jack it up.
Hey presto, gravity (should) do the rest…

TOP TIP

Dont park on the A34 or A43. :unamused: :laughing:

Was it the bottom end i.e south of the M4? near Sutton Scotney?
Absolutely renound for it and also Brackley to Northampton on the A43

Im surprised you did’nt get your box done over?

■■■■■ scumbags :angry: :angry: :angry:

jase:
Got badly held up at one of the UK’s premier ports last night(Southampton) .

Errrrrr Premier Port and Southampton really should’nt be phrased in the same sentence,because if one of the clever people who work for SCT should read such a statement it could cause a major brainstorm for them,so they would tender for yet more work thinking they have a PREMIER PORT that could handle it and then getting in and out of there in 7 hours would be a happy nostalgic memory.
■■■■■■■ PLACE.
And then the thick dockers who are overpaid lazy ■■■■■ would then go even slower cause they want yet more money
Sack the lot of em and take on the poles.they’ll actually work for a living instead of thinking everybody owes them a living (drivers take note) :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Monday to this morning I 've spent 15 hours waiting at that ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ hole and Tuesday I was up at Felixstowe so did’nt go there.

RANT OVER

did 81 hours though this week,so got the overtime in :wink:

Nothing’s changed since I was there then…(3 years ago) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Is that soppy looking Joe Ninety still in the check-in office…? Used to be a twee little zip in there with the dockers. He wore an immaculate suit ,no hard hat or Hi Vis. Little sod would ask for your number & try to get you to say Tango.Foxtrot…etc. I told him that if I was an airline pilot I wouldn’t be in Sotton Docks. He was on the same contract as the other lads but tried to act as manager.I think they got rid of him in the end because they were so many complaints about his attitude.

harry:
Little sod would ask for your number & try to get you to say Tango.Foxtrot…etc.

I think the temptation to substitute other words beginning with ‘T’ and ‘F’ would have been way too much for me to resist. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

some days it can be empty of wagons waiting to go to bays, other times its packed full,but would they dare ask for the tenner overnight cost if you are stuck with nowhere to go?

due to bad weather or lazy straddle drivers.
glad i dont do boxes in there or felix anymore.

mark

Thanks for the top tip bikemonkey.
Yes it was south of Sutton Scotney,i didn’t think the ■■■■■’s could afford to set up home around there,i always thought it was too posh! :smiley:
Glad they didn’t do the box over as it was full of Anne Summers finest battery powered implements!
As for the dockers,i was talking to an Hanbury’s driver and his mate was going to work as a straddler driver on £35,000 a year,i asked him whether he was any good at crosswords as he needed to be to work on there!
No,Soton just took too much work on and they will soon lose it again as it moves back to Thamesport and other ports,and as for the Poles,they’ve started to get them working the cranes at Thamesport now,so give them time.

You mean the remote control cranes…? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Yes,the blokes that walk around the pad working them.