Diesel pinched at Orwell Crossing

Lost about 150 litres in there last night. They smashed through the bottom of my anti syphon collar.

Watch out chaps

claretmatt:
Lost about 150 litres in there last night. They smashed through the bottom of my anti syphon collar.

Watch out chaps

What in the truckstop :open_mouth: bloody hell, is no where safe :unamused:

Did you tell the staff or ring the old bill (granted the old bill won’t do ■■■■ all). There are cameras everywhere I’m sure Karl would check through for you. ■■■■ like this won’t do them any favours.

Goaty:
Did you tell the staff or ring the old bill (granted the old bill won’t do [zb] all). There are cameras everywhere I’m sure Karl would check through for you. [zb] like this won’t do them any favours.

I thought that was supposed to to have cameras everywhere :neutral_face:

Did you not hear them bashing through the syphon?

Wont use anti syphons cause more damage if they determined enough

Know few people where theyve punched hole in side of tank to drain it and cost more being off road

Silver_Surfer:
Did you not hear them bashing through the syphon?

Probably happened when I nipped in for a shower/meal/beer. Was in there a good two hours.

Called them back yesterday to see if they could see anything and all they said it was “Too dark” where I parked (Opposite the old McDonalds)

I detected a slight tone of “Couldn’t give a toss” to be honest.

Prob the truck parked next to you had it. You’d have to have some guts to drive in park in front of a truck smash it’s anti syphon, pump it out and drive off .He knows what you look like so can keep an eye out as you walk back to your truck .i know a few owner drivers and have seen eu trucks that have an 24v pump on board, I used to have one myself although I didn’t steal fuel I use to buy of the East Europeans on the cheap

Anti syphons are next to useless. They’re held on with resin. You can take them off with a filter strap, have what you like then put it back in the hole and all looks hunky dorey. I would suspect that if you took 100 ltrs from a 4 wheeler the driver wouldn’t even know until they went to refuel and the whole thing turns with the cap. We had a spate on express freight in tilbury dock. Roughly 30 ltrs out of 30 motors over a weekend and nobody realised until Tuesday when the first ones started to refuel

Ahh, I get you. Anti syphons are only really useful if you’re actually Kipling in the truck as you’ll hear them going at it.

They’re primarily to stop the drivers siphoning the fuel anyway I’m sorry to say.

chester1:
Prob the truck parked next to you had it. You’d have to have some guts to drive in park in front of a truck smash it’s anti syphon, pump it out and drive off .He knows what you look like so can keep an eye out as you walk back to your truck .i know a few owner drivers and have seen eu trucks that have an 24v pump on board, I used to have one myself although I didn’t steal fuel I use to buy of the East Europeans on the cheap

Probably something in that. I think he was an O/D. English plates. Pulling a box, burgundy unit. Going to tell the law when I speak to them later.

■■■■■■■■■ It was bad enough the Transit and Caravan owners club invading us the other week without thieving ■■■■■ in the industry ■■■■■■■■ on their own kind.

I can honestly say I’ve never been bothered at the Orwell and I’ve had it as my Operating Centre since April '09.

Although I have taken some sneaky precautions of my own just in case. :wink:

Silver_Surfer:
Ahh, I get you. Anti syphons are only really useful if you’re actually Kipling in the truck as you’ll hear them going at it.

They’re primarily to stop the drivers siphoning the fuel anyway I’m sorry to say.

They don’t work for that either, the driver will just have ten ltrs away every time he fuels on the road. Seen it all over the years. Said drivers will often be seen in a lay by roughly a mile from the yard en route home :wink: :unamused:

nowhere is safe from the fuel fairies, if they want it then they will get it any which way they can regardless if you have antisyphon or homemade device to try stop them.

Goaty:
[zb]. It was bad enough the Transit and Caravan owners club invading us the other week without thieving [zb] in the industry [zb] on their own kind.

I can honestly say I’ve never been bothered at the Orwell and I’ve had it as my Operating Centre since April '09.

Although I have taken some sneaky precautions of my own just in case. :wink:

Dont think drivers stealing from other drivers will ever stop, by the way hope ya was enjoying ya sausage and chips the other day.

Where was that mate?

Goaty:
Where was that mate?

At Orwell, in the middle of the week, can’t remember what day though, maybe Wednesday.

I was on Lt Tey’s all week mate, so early knock everyday! :wink:

OVLOV JAY:

Silver_Surfer:

They don’t work for that either, the driver will just have ten ltrs away every time he fuels on the road. Seen it all over the years. Said drivers will often be seen in a lay by roughly a mile from the yard en route home :wink: :unamused:

More chance of them being caught on camera or snitched at the pump though.

Silver_Surfer:

OVLOV JAY:

Silver_Surfer:

More chance of them being caught on camera or snitched at the pump though.

Now you’re assuming an idiot who risks losing a £500 pw job, for £40’s worth of diesel, has the brains to realise that :wink: