My next question

I recieved a call on friday from an agency asking me if I would like to partake in an assesment driving for tescos, where I buy my best clothes!

could any one tell me what is involved? the nice lady on the phone said it was tricky and that you have to wee in a bottle and do a blind side reverse in no more than three shunts. has any one got any more to add in particular the do’s and don’ts of it all and how much of what is required will be explained to me by the assesor. like do they have a specific way they want you to couple up? what checks they want me to do. and how do you secure cages on a curtainsider?

also I assume it will be in a mercedes axe wound or one of those baby actros things. Do they have auto boxes? and if they do how do you make it go? Lastly will i be expected to trundle along on my assesment or can I just drive normally :question:

the more you think about getting right you’ll get it wrong , so just relax & do as asked , you’ll be fine , as for blind side tesco units have side & rear windoes so use them… all good !

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58123

just one I found after using the search facility for TESCO ASSESSMENT :bulb: :slight_smile:

im glad I asked my instructor to let me have a go at blind siding now!

joedwyer1:
could any one tell me what is involved? the nice lady on the phone said it was tricky and that you have to wee in a bottle and do a blind side reverse in no more than three shunts.

I don’t think you have to do these at the same time though. :grimacing:

The one I done at Thurrock was much the same as mentioned in the thread Rog linked to. A test on the tacho regs etc on a computer and a store delivery accompanied by the assessor which did involve a blind side reverse. Then return to depot to have photo taken for the agency ID card.

The initial assessment when I first went there though involved classroom crap followed by a drive around for 10 mins followed by a reverse onto a bay when returned back to the depot. I guess new drivers going in now do the assessment to get the agency ID card??