My new truck

Got this week before last

Not bad,but could be better.
Could have been cleaner inside

It was on the road for a fortnight before I got it.Lots of different drivers,but no-one could clean up after themselves :imp: Probably the same again on Thursday when I start back after a weeks holiday.
Night heater wasn’t working when I left it,hope it’s sorted when I go back.We got 3 CFs at the same time and one of those has the same fault.2 of them are also showing faults with ABS and EBS.Doesn’t say much for the PDIs they got.
Still trying to get to grips with the digi.What I was doing was setting it to other work or POA before switching the ignition off.When I went back to it,it had defaulted to rest.I found that if I set it after the ignition was switched off,then it stayed on what I left it on.Is this a fault or is it correct?
Don’t know if it’s me,but the mirrors seem to make everything further away than they really are.Never noticed this on our older (56 plate) 105s.
It’s a bit like living in a rabbit hutch after the old SSC,but s’pose I’ll get used to it. :laughing: :laughing:

Im the same with my digi, it reverts back to rest when engine is off so gotta make sure i switch it, im sure i heard somewhere that this is illigal, same with the back light goes off when ignition is turned off pain in the hoop.

our lot go to cross hammers, a right royal pain in the arse if you were on a break and switch the ignition on :unamused:

Those light coloured seats show off your best tea and grease stains :laughing: Also is it only me, but at night you can read your dials off the offside wide angle mirror :blush:

howatsi:
Those light coloured seats show off your best tea and grease stains :laughing: Also is it only me, but at night you can read your dials off the offside wide angle mirror :blush:

I agree about the dials in the mirror. I drive a CF65 and its a right pain. You can adjust the brightness of the dials but its still annoying.

Trucker beads:
Im the same with my digi, it reverts back to rest when engine is off so gotta make sure i switch it, im sure i heard somewhere that this is illigal, same with the back light goes off when ignition is turned off pain in the hoop.

Just looked on Siemens website.Apparently it should default to rest,because this is “what drivers wanted”.As you say,the backlight going off is a pain,specially when you’re on nightshift. :unamused:

Same truck as I got this week and it also showed ABS/EBS problems regardless of what trailer I coupled too, only one of the six we got to do so. Only had delivery mileage on it so it was nice and clean with lots of stuff still wrapped in plastic. Tacho in mine defaults to other work and doesn’t alter if it is on rest/break and you switch ignition on and off. Didn’t notice the backlight going off, I’ll have to check it tomorrow.

Drivin a CF ours defult to x hammers as in work … if the ignition goes off yes back light goes off … press up down arrow and the thing wont light up but will show time milage etc press again to scroll through times etc it will during a rest or stop after time not show how much driving etc for a short piriod and you have to wait a min or two for it to load up

Are you going to be on this truck all the time ?

As i keep looking for you when i am at Dingwall and passing through Inverness.

Is it going to be sign written like the rest of the motors ?.

Had to move one of our new DAF cf’s 59 plate just back from DAF from its 1st 6week insp and it has a airleak !!!

FFS , new truck just out dealers and they never notciced ! not to inspiring for a the next 6 years off ownership !

u can get ur digi reset to do what u want hammers or break and u can turn your ignition on or off and it will stay the same i got a 58 man 440 done 4 weeks ago takes about 5mins no prob cause it was also doin me head in :laughing:

dingo:
Are you going to be on this truck all the time ?

Yep,except Tuesdays and Wednesdays :wink:

dingo:
i keep looking for you when i am at Dingwall and passing through Inverness.

I’m like the Scarlet Pimpernel,“they seek him here,they seek him there” :laughing: :laughing: I usually head off into enemy territory (Englandshire) on Thursday,mostly under cover of darkness :unamused:

dingo:
Is it going to be sign written like the rest of the motors ?.

Presume it will be,eventually.It’s the only one that hasn’t been lettered.As you can see,they got the corner and side panels painted then pulled it out of the paintshop as we got busy.