Surrender monkeys and motors dont mix

2 days and a night out in between and i have yet to discover exactly where the priveledge is in this monstrosity :imp:

not the sight i wanted. even one of the XFs would have pleased me more than being handed the keys to this pile of frogs droppings

mirrors the wrong way round. i like the main mirror at the top where it is in line with my eye so it is more natural. im sure a couple of our members will recognise that location. bay 51, asda ADC.

nice colour. where did they get that from? an EC11? you cant compare a premium to a modern truck since every other modern truck is just that, modern! the premium is 10 years behind the rest

not moving fast thanks to the accident on the bridge. 2 lanes, how hard can it be to stay in one of them and not hit someone else? :unamused:

thats my customer for the morning. since i was the only truck in sight, parking spots werent a problem. now for my newly invented end of shift procedures.

step 1, lock the trailer even though its empty

step 2, find a nut cracker and keep it handy

step 3, lock the drivers door and crack open a couple of beers :sunglasses:

that was my first go in a new premium and they are still my least favourite truck not least for almost flipping me upside down when exiting because my left leg wouldnt fit between the seat and the steering column. i forgot to move the seat back a few times :imp:
the french should stick to what they are good at, NOTHING!

Quality pictorial rant :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

if you don’t like those mirrors you must hate Scania ones as well as they are the same way round, big one on the bottom
I prefer it that way and even after driving a DAF for 5 years I never liked the wide angled mirror at the bottom.
good post anyway :slight_smile:

Funny enough, I find the Premiums very comfy to drive… :smiley:

Coddy:
Funny enough, I find the Premiums very comfy to drive… :smiley:

do you have a limb deficiency? nowhere to put your arms since it was optidrive and no arm rests and the steering column is practically against the seat. speaking of arm rests, why does the XF have them on the passenger seat when the TGA has them on the drivers seat? the door does serve well as an arm rest though as its the right height, not so with the premium of course :unamused:

today would have been a good day to see lots of trucknet members. it would have given me somewhere to put my left arm. waving it around would have been better than having it reaching for the ciggies :laughing:

scanny77:
step 1, lock the trailer even though its empty

What a brilliant idea!!! Lock the trailer even though it’s empty so folk will think it’s loaded and break into it, possibly causing damage while doing so. :unamused: :unamused:

You would be better, and probably safer, opening one of the doors and leaving it open all night.

this one was burnt out because someone opened the door and threw a petrol bomb inside. given that scenario, the padlock stays on!

A bloke called Scanny reckons he knows what makes a bad truck :smiley: Do us a favour :stuck_out_tongue:

My granny could get that padlock off with her gums

scanny77:

this one was burnt out because someone opened the door and threw a petrol bomb inside. given that scenario, the padlock stays on!

That aint a padlock scanny, they will have that little thing off in a second or two and then throw the petrol bomb in because you made it look like it was loaded, got their hopes up but actually and wasted their time. If you want to make it hard for them to get in buy a container lock, at least that is a bit more substantial and will take more effort to get off, effort you might actually hear.

would you pay for one? a couple of quid i dont mind but im not paying for something the company should provide. there is a limit to how much i will spend on my job. i wouldnt even buy the cleaning stuff at stracathro because of the price. im going to get a cleaning kit but im not paying a fortune for it. cheap stuff will do since we dont get our own trucks

jimti:
if you don’t like those mirrors you must hate Scania ones as well as they are the same way round, big one on the bottom

Aye and the worse bit is everybody can see your business, what you’re getting up to below window level :open_mouth:

Aye well Scanny I actually quite liked them Reno Premiums! Gotta love that tweaked volvo ishift box
I’m a wee skinny fellow so I fit in it just nicely

Also they’re better from 07 onwards. Pull out drawer between seats - good for all the junk food you I mean I eat when on the road, extra 10hp wow. rubbery thing on dash when that wee tray type bit is. I think the box is faster shifting on the 450 eu5 version too but yea they’re still pretty much near the bottom of the list of best trucks. Only the stralis is worse lol

As Long As The Wages Are Okay ,I Do Not Give a Damm ,What I drive
Thank You,I Will Even Drive a Scania, IF I have to :smiley: :smiley:

scanny77:
would you pay for one?

Nope, but I don’t worry that much about it. If it’s empty it stays open, if it’s loaded I use whatever the company provides, as long as I do what they require it isn’t my problem. I certainly don’t sleep with a big lump of metal in reach, you start down that road of worrying excessively and going to bed ‘armed’ you’ll just make yourself a victim. If something is going to happen it’s going to happen regardless of a crappy little padlock or a nut brace so no point worrying.

have to agree with coffeeholic about the stupid wee lock,as soon as you put a lock or seal on it looks like there is something worth stealing inside,and at least dont put one from the kids piggy bank on .as for the whingeing about the premium…many drivers are driving a lot worse/older trucks/trucks they dont like,just not all throw the toys out of the pram.

brit pete:
As Long As The Wages Are Okay ,I Do Not Give a Damm ,What I drive
Thank You,I Will Even Drive a Scania, IF I have to :smiley: :smiley:

been there too and got offered a job driving one but they money wasnt enough. £19k? no thanks

i dont care what i drive either as long as its legal but if i dont like it im going to comment on it. this thing doesnt even have anywhere to hold my mug FFS. the TGX holder is useless but at least the door pocket is wide enough. i dont know why MAN changed the dual size cup holders they had 6 years ago behind the handbrake. that was perfect and they got rid of it :unamused:

one thing i did forget about with the renault. whats with the PLINK…PLONK…PLINK…PLONK that accompanies the indicators? :open_mouth:

At least they didn’t give you an Iveco :slight_smile:

scanny77:
that was my first go in a new premium and they are still my least favourite truck not least for almost flipping me upside down when exiting because my left leg wouldnt fit between the seat and the steering column. i forgot to move the seat back a few times :imp:
the french should stick to what they are good at, NOTHING!

Ever thought of dieting, maybe loose a pound or three? :laughing:

Got to agree with other posts, I leave a door open when empty, and speaking as someone who has had the misfortune of being hijacked, all that tire iron is going to do is get you a good thumping, if they want it bad enough to break in, let them have the ■■■■ truck/load, it’s not yours to die over and should be insured anyway.

i have to agree scanny, worst bucket of crap i have driven, its like sitting on a bit of wood, gutless rubbish. i had 3 weeks away in one, think i would have rather had a scania p cab!