my new truck

so i got a call last month saying they wanted to give me a new truck, which most people im sure would agree they would jump at, however i was very dubious as i had not heard great things about the new dafs. i had driven them but not actually lived in one. so i gave a dubious yes (i also thought it may have been a bit of an insult saying no). so it came home monday, i swapped all my gear across and off we went. gutted is one word i can use. it has its plus points, quieter, bigger fridge, lower floor, but thats about it sadly. for some reason they have started speccing the trucks mega basic, i have got out of a well specced 05 into this poverty option, biggest gripe is the passenger seat is fixed (as we do a lot of double manning, thats going to be horrible in eastern europe and beyond). hey ho, i cant ask for my old one back, i did hear a rumour the 105s are getting a facelift soon, i bloody hope so, i guess someone from scania is now employed to design the interior and waste space :laughing:

a couple of pics

we will see how it gets on with me living in it, i miss my 05 badly (esp as its on the same tour!!)

How you going to cope with needing adblue when you’re out to the armpit of noware and that?

Steve-o:
How you going to cope with needing adblue when you’re out to the armpit of noware and that?

god only knows! although from what others have said the biggest pain for getting it is the uk!! im probably going to get a locker box in the gap between the diesel tank and cab and keep some in there. i also heard these euro 5 engines knock 10mph off your speed if they run out of adblue, ■■■■■■■ stuff!!

think it lowers the engine power 30% to keeps emmisions at same level if you dont use it. what weight do you usually run at? is it a 430? 480?

Steve-o:
think it lowers the engine power 30% to keeps emmisions at same level if you dont use it. what weight do you usually run at? is it a 430? 480?

its a 410, but we dont often run very heavy, think the load i have now is about 8 tonne tops

I would have thought a digital tacho would be a pain in the rear for Rock n Roll Mat.

drew128:
I would have thought a digital tacho would be a pain in the rear for Rock n Roll Mat.

yeah i think so, i guess only time will tell!

the pre 08 105,s had a tiny adblue tank which was a pain but the 08 i,ve now got has twice the capacity we keep adblue at the yard fill up every fri away all week and never need to fill up.i do carry 20l in the side locker but so far have,nt had to use it.when you get to low the engine limits itself and you have to get it reset at the dealer via his laptop which can be a pain but as i said do,nt get that problem now with the bigger tank. :smiley:

euromat i passed of of your new dafs last night about 0230 by east midlands airport looked quite smart wasent you was it :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

euromat:
i guess someone from scania is now employed to design the interior and waste space :laughing:

Hope for your sake the Scania man didnt design the bunk Mat :imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

HIGH FLYER:
euromat i passed of of your new dafs last night about 0230 by east midlands airport looked quite smart wasent you was it :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

not me mate, im sat in copenhagen at the moment, possibly one of the tina trucks or one of the other new ones

Blissy:

euromat:
i guess someone from scania is now employed to design the interior and waste space :laughing:

Hope for your sake the Scania man didnt design the bunk Mat :imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

thankfully not!! one of the few things which is still good from the older version

A BRAND NEW truck and your complaining,

no pleasing some folk :grimacing:

Nice truck Matt :stuck_out_tongue: can I have your old one and a job please ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry you’re not too enamoured with your new DAF partner, Euromat. :frowning:

Hopefully over the next few weeks it will show you some hidden features that will make you love it! :confused: :unamused:

It does look pretty smart, at least. :sunglasses:

I wish you safe and happy journeys in your new truck :smiley:

welcome to the digital age mat ! :wink:

Where you on the train sunday morning heacing back to the uk with what looked like the rest of the fleet all on the same train.
It was about 5.30 in the morning

Oy, Wanna buy a magnet. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

limeyphil:
Oy, Wanna buy a magnet. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

Wouldn’t mind whoaring it up the m8 at 90 in the coach, so if you’ve any going spare… :laughing: :laughing:

quit your moaning mat! either that or man up and drive thr r reg i can see behind yours in the first pic!! i have a lovely memory of trying to sleep in that in valencia in the day in the summer!