My 'New to me' R580

look well very well bet its lovely feeling now driving up and down the motorway :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TONY530I:
first 2 pictures were before i got it.

sorry :blush: I can see now, it was because I thought you’d put the light bars on. Well that’s even better that you didn’t have to pay for them.

muckles:

TONY530I:
first 2 pictures were before i got it.

sorry :blush: I can see now, it was because I thought you’d put the light bars on. Well that’s even better that you didn’t have to pay for them.

All the light bars were on it when i got it, its got the red lights up the back of air kit aswell.

BRICKTROTTER XL:
look well very well bet its lovely feeling now driving up and down the motorway :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Its good to drive down the road knowing that other drivers are looking at you for all the right reasons, since i cleaned it i get more ‘nods and waves’ from fellow scania pilots.

nice work there,certainly looks a lot better
fair play to the boss for appreciating it,decent stuff.

stay safe mate.

I wonder why, when I started on my own in 1969 I never caught this polishing bug. I have always washed my truck once a week, wether it needed it or not. I have asked many drivers to explain to me this addiction of spending hours polishing a truck, in their own time, for free, that belongs to someone else, but never quite grasped it.
Credit due to you 580 man, there looks to me, like an awful lorra time spent, and one mega shiny truck.
Still my hobby is strangling swans and not a lot of people understand me.

Les zizis des routiers sont sympas

i pull around a 2 year old trailer (tautliner), that was only a few months old when i got it, ive managed to keep it looking almost new in that time, its got nice looking alcoas that really look smart when theyre polished, and im sitting around for a while at a dc or something, ive had my lunch, read the paper, i might as well give them a tub, im getting paid for it all the same, and you get a sense of pride when a random member of the public comes up to you and compliments you on how smart the gear looks.

so even though its not mine, im still the only one who drives it, so i treat it as if it were mine.

a very big improvement there,nice that ur boss appreciates the work uve done aswell :smiley:

I would rather have the money to the value of all the crap he bought for it. Bling doesn’t pay the bills

lovin the fact that you take a lot of pride in ur motor especially with the old vivers from dornock town meat hanger trailer on!!!

L’escargot:
I wonder why, when I started on my own in 1969 I never caught this polishing bug. I have always washed my truck once a week, wether it needed it or not. I have asked many drivers to explain to me this addiction of spending hours polishing a truck, in their own time, for free, that belongs to someone else, but never quite grasped it.
Credit due to you 580 man, there looks to me, like an awful lorra time spent, and one mega shiny truck.
Still my hobby is strangling swans and not a lot of people understand me.

Les zizis des routiers sont sympas

I work for the company from sunday night through till friday night and if it doesnt get cleaned then, then it can wait till the next week, my weekends are for my kids. I dont mind looking after stuff, i’v only been driving for 16 months so if he can trust me with this type of equipment then i’m sure i can re-pay the favour by looking after it for him. I’f you want to sit and play with yourself then thats fine but i personally have a wife for them pleasures, i am truck daft, and i take great pleasure in looking after my truck, i want people to look at my truck for the right reasons, and also a clean straight truck is less likely to get pulled as a banger.

Steve-o:
I would rather have the money to the value of all the crap he bought for it. Bling doesn’t pay the bills

Thats your opinion mate!!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: If i wanted the money then i’d b working for tesco’s or morrisons with a drivers union and pension and as much sick pay as you could ever wish for, great job that would be, lacks 2 things i require in a driving job;

1 A V8!

2 TO BE TREATED AS A PERSON AND NOT A NUMBER!

chappy261:
lovin the fact that you take a lot of pride in ur motor especially with the old vivers from dornock town meat hanger trailer on!!!

I dont actually do much for Vivers of Dornock, we were just short of a trailer that day. was loaded with milk! We have a couple of guys that go to italy etc with the hanging meat.

164480:
that looks smart tony a job well done,everyone should have a V8 topline.

no thanks!!!

looks good mate, not a new scania man, but that sure does look smart :sunglasses:

Nice lookin motor mate well done :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Looks mint, the only thing I don’t like about flash motors is painted mud guards & wheel arches on the rear, just don’t think they look “right”.

looking good there bud, don’t know if that was u i spotted today going up the M6 J26, about 11.30ish?

Yes that was me, its easy to spot, i have the only white truck now all the rest are black, silver or red.

TONY530I:

Steve-o:

Thats your opinion mate!!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: If i wanted the money then i’d b working for tesco’s or morrisons with a drivers union and pension and as much sick pay as you could ever wish for, great job that would be, lacks 2 things i require in a driving job;

1 A V8!

2 TO BE TREATED AS A PERSON AND NOT A NUMBER!

Here here couldn’t agree more. I would add enjoyment to that list. Really looking forward to my trucks service this week, I’m getting alloy’s wooooooooo hoooooooo

trucks a truck at the end of the day just a tool that you use at work much like a hammer.i drive an 08 daf 105xf nice motor comfy to live in for the week wash it once a week company orders its white and gets filthy in the winter.lock it up on a friday and go home do,nt miss it or hanker after the chrome deisel tank. i have a life outside of work :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: