my mistake

any sensible ideas would be greatly appreciated, coz i was in a rush friday night when id finished i just popped the tacho drawer and thought id fill it in my next shift, unfortunatly i had forgotten a company we use was moving the vehicle to do the lights ,(over my weekend break ) he has closed the tacho drawer and moved the vehicle about 6 miles which has in turn totally stuffed fridays card , any ideas

How long after you left the truck did they move it? Is it obvious it wasnt you? All i would suggest is write on the back of it what happened.
Vosa man will probably give you the stern look, but as long as it looks like a genuine mistake, i think you should be ok. could you get any paperwork showing that it went to have work done on it?
Dont know what else to suggest, kinda depends on how officious the vosa chappie is if you get pulled. :unamused:

was having my hi bar lights connected and so he didnt have to tilt the cab he took the vehicle to his garage where he had facillitys to get to the lights,i left the vehicle friday 1630 the mechanic picked the truck up at 1330 sunday returning it at 1615 having travelled just 5/6 miles

Is this paper or digi?

So just to clarify matters, was your mistake ballsing up your tacho or having lookatme lights ■■ :grimacing:

if it bothers you that much,lose the offending tacho

Just write on the back what happened - I have left a disc in overnight and the truck being shunted etc. Wrote on the back and signed and dated. VOSA guy did look a bit close but said nothing.

o dear, o dear, o dear. Sounds like the end of the world as we know it! Write on the back fella it’s all you can do or stamp all over it and attach it to a new mint shiny one carefully manually marked. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Unless your really unlucky or stupid enough to tell them, they wouldn’t even look that closely at your mileage on an analogue tacho, all these arbingers of doom who frighten the life out of you take vosa too serious.
Din’t worry about it, just finish your tacho chart with the begining mileage the garage took it to, 6 miles is 10 kilometers which is one v

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.928228,-3.269760
Been told I can’t use my signature by some elitist ■■■■■■

commonrail:
if it bothers you that much,lose the offending tacho

At the moment he isn’t likely to be facing any sanctions because he can just write an explanation on the back of the chart, simple mistake no harm done. ‘Losing’ the chart would attract a fine so it would not be the brightest thing to do. Even if he got a VOSA bloke who was having a crap day and he did decide to do him the penalty would be less than for not having the chart.

Whoever drove the truck after you would have to have taken your tacho out,what are you on about the next week for,why have you estimated what you may have been doing,did you close the mileage or kms and the finsishing place■■?

to all the sensible answers thank you , to all you other so called professional drivers , i truely hope that you never make a ■■■■ up , all i did was leave the card in an open tacho draw to fill in the next time i got in the vehicle,i have took the advice of the sensible answers and wrote on the back of the card,

billy bigrig , i bet your lass wishes you had, so what if i got toplights i got the low bar as well, as well as the red wind deflectore lights all round plus 30 led blue lights allover, yes im proud of my truck and yes it does turn heads,

billybigrig:
So just to clarify matters, was your mistake ballsing up your tacho or having lookatme lights ■■ :grimacing:

truckerone:
billy bigrig , i bet your lass wishes you had,

Eh ■■? :confused: :confused: She wishes I had what ■■

My motor has lookatme lights :smiley: lots of them, they flash orange for when it’s got a big one on the back. It’s got convoi lookatme stickers as well :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

so what if i got toplights i got the low bar as well, as well as the red wind deflectore lights all round plus 30 led blue lights allover, yes im proud of my truck and yes it does turn heads,

What ever floats yer boat fella :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: