My, how we have forgotten

Went to do a collection at some storage on a farm. In the farmyard was this old box trailer of Fergusons - obviously from the fuel protests of 2000. Look at the prices of diesel we were protesting about back then. At least 10-15p/l LESS than it is now.

That price is about the same as we’re paying now actually. My fuelserv bill has just come in today and they’re charghing £0.8213 ppl, and the foreign diesel’s gone up from those prices too.

Those French and German prices are up around 25 pence, the inclusive of VAT price. On the French motorways this week it was an average of around €1.14 although I did see it as high as €1.19.

filled up at asda today
92.2 ppl ( diesel ) :angry:

I just got back from Germany in my car on Wednesday and the average diesel price, it was infact just about the same in every filling station in France, Belgium and Germany was dead on €1.08 per litre. I filled up just outside Gent on the way to Germany and on the way back somewhere just inside Belgium between Eindhoven and Antwerpen and then topped up at the BP garage at Dunkerque and it cost the same at all three and all the garages I passed in Germany were either €1.07- €1.09. When bought my car in 2003 it was only about 72p a litre at most Tesco garages, its disgusting to think its almost £1 a litre in most places now.

£0.96.4 PPL in Dover today :frowning: :frowning:

96.4 ppl is only 82 ppl when you’ve claimed the VAT back.

Tramper:

If you got ALL the tax back of Phoney Bliar and his cronies it would probably be about 30ppl!!!

at one port in canada this week hauliers refused to move anything out of one of the docks due to desiel prices and the irish fta is Calling for a 14pence immedate reduction
come rha/fta get off your collective asses and do something stop kissing blair and darling ■■■
connor i know where that is ive loaded there to

well, let me get my calculator out…

$2.59/USgal at the station down the street from work

1 USgal=3.6liter

$1US=£0.5626

so, diesel here costs…

£ 0.405/ litre

Coffeeholic:
Those French and German prices are up around 25 pence, the inclusive of VAT price. On the French motorways this week it was an average of around €1.14 although I did see it as high as €1.19.

Of course we don’t pay that price Coffee. Supermarket prices round here fluctuate between €1.00 & €1.04 /litre. That’s I suppose around 70p.

That’s up from about 70c at the beginning of 2002 (the start of the euro) or 45%.
Fioul (red diesel) for my Kubota (and therefore frigos etc) is now 75c

Salut, David.

Spardo:

Coffeeholic:

Of course we don’t pay that price Coffee. Supermarket prices round here fluctuate between €1.00 & €1.04 /litre. That’s I suppose around 70p.

I realise that of course David, and indeed I did see it a various supermarkets for around the prices you quote. I paid €1.14 ppl yesterday but only stuck a couple of hundred litres in which will do me until I ship back out again. That will work out to around 63 pence per litre after I get the VAT back.

jammymutt:

Tramper:

If you got ALL the tax back of Phoney Bliar and his cronies it would probably be about 30ppl!!!

Very true, but the counrty still needs funds to operate. I don’t mind paying some tax on fuel, just not as much as at present.

i put 300lts in the fh yesterday at the esso services on the A8 heading for home pump price was 1€ 13 a ltr put i would think we have a deal with esso and get it cheaper as we have around 200 wagons and each one has its own card.
i filled my car up at champion at brioude and payed just over 1€02 a ltr.
not much difference then!!!
salut
chris

Tramper:
That price is about the same as we’re paying now actually. My fuelserv bill has just come in today and they’re charghing £0.8213 ppl, and the foreign diesel’s gone up from those prices too.

The price shown there was probably VAT inclusive, which would roughly work out at £0.695 ppl VAT free. Is your fuel serve price inclusive of VAT or not, the cheapest i’ve found this week was £0.899 VAT inclusive. But its heading for a £1.00 pl, be intresting to see which oil co breaks it 1st. :wink:

Fuel up in Luxembourg