My Hino (pictures)

Set off at 5am and only just got back 8pm. so here are the pics.

used trade plates as it as still not been PDI yet. so take delivery of it tuesday.
but went to collect it with the salesman and made my own way back with it

Im over 6ft 2" tall so you can see how big this actually is

Had to go and get it weighed

ME (lol) girlfriend took this. just thought id show this as its the only one of its interior, plenty big enough for what i need. Loads of room on that bed.

Dad came to meet me (as i was heading back) to see the truck, so took this of his mixer in the old Hanson colours and my tipper

Cool stuff.

I bet you’ll wince when the first load goes in. Still it won’t earn any money all shiny and unused.

How does the franchise thing work, I’ve often wondered how people end up down that route and how it’s financed.

Tipper-driver01:

The reports I’d read said that the cab would be a bit small for the bigger-built driver - if you’re over 6’2" there looks to be enough room!!

Good luck with the whole venture. My friend runs a tipper in Hanson colours and he doesn’t have any complaints. He’s got a Scania that is nearly 4 years old now so is trying to decide what to get next (Scania no longer really being an option) so I’ll send him to this post.

marcustandy:
The reports I’d read said that the cab would be a bit small for the bigger-built driver - if you’re over 6’2" there looks to be enough room!.

Yes the cab is huge which is good news if the driver is tall.
loads of room and plenty of storage space aswell.
2 over head lockers and a tray for maps and 3 other compartments plus one
under the centre of the bed.

Why is your friend wanting to change his scania?

upto now its what i expected and a whole lot more…everything is handy to reach and comfotable to drive. Had loads of truck drivers stairing as i was driving past / in the services. :slight_smile:

The only thing is the drivers arm rest, its set to low to actually be used
unless it can be adjusted… :confused:

No I wont like seeing the first few loads going in the back lol but i cant wait to get cracking. Ill keep it as clean as i can though.

Tipper-driver01:
Why is your friend wanting to change his scania?

He was only ever going to run for 5 years and then change. When he got his Scania he got it through Hansons at a better price than he could have got himself. He now says that due to the increased price of the Scania, Hansons don’t have an ‘arrangement’ with them anymore and as much as he has liked his truck, I don’t think he’s liked it enough to stump up for the price increases.

I’m sure he’ll take quite an interest in this post, especially if you keep us updated ref reliability, fuel and running costs in general.

What weight (load) can you carry with yours?

I cant remember what it weighed when i had to take it to the weigh bridge yesterday :confused:

I’ll know by tuesday :slight_smile:

Tipper-driver01:
I cant remember what it weighed when i had to take it to the weigh bridge yesterday :confused:

Can’t believe you didn’t remember her tare,that’s the first thing I’d want to know:
“how much will she carry” :question:
She looks a tight motor,don’t go putting alot of “chicken lights” on it now :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing:
Health to enjoy. :sunglasses:

marcustandy:
Good luck with the whole venture

Thanks! :sunglasses:

Also Air horns are being fitted at somepoint by Hino as they where not fitted at the factory for some reason :confused:

although I quite like it without them, but they where in the sale so want them putting on

Tipper-driver01:
Also Air horns are being fitted at somepoint by Hino as they where not fitted at the factory for some reason :confused:

although I quite like it without them, but they where in the sale so want them putting on

No self respecting OD would be without a decent set of air horns… :laughing:

You won’t regret the Hino, built to last, and still lighter than all the rest. Hino have been used over here in Ireland for years on quarry work and tarmac, so you certainly shouldn’t have any problems over there with your excellent roads an all…

Enjoy.
:sunglasses:

Good luck and Im sure the hino will do you well.
I reckon she will weigh 11.84 tare.

dozer:
Good luck

Cheers :stuck_out_tongue:

Tipper-driver01:
… Ill keep it as clean as i can though.

You’d keep it a ■■■■ sight cleaner if you’d specced in an air tail-gate! :wink: :wink:

My tipper (a crusty old Daf CF 75 on a W plate!) is almost showroom condition inside - the other blokes take the wee-wee a little! But I know I’d never be able to keep it as clean if I had to keep getting in and out all day. It would either fill with dust - or mud! If the boss offered me a brand new Daf (he only buys Daf’s - sadly! :cry: ) with a manual tail-gate I’d turn it down. Going from an air tail-gate, back to a manual would, in my eyes, be a step backwards - new truck or not. :astonished:

I do like Hino’s though, some of the firms around here run them. I’ve never driven one but they look and sound great!

Good luck with it!

Sir LANs-a-lot:
Good luck with it!

Cheers mate, :smiley:

Tippers are not bad for keeping clean I dont think! :stuck_out_tongue:

My dad has managed to keep his 2 / 3 year old mixer looking like new both inside and out which is a fair task on the mixers, with all the dust, concrete and constantly walking around the wagon on muddy building site when unloading.

Maybe i should have got one, i dunno?
I’ll see how i get on with it anyway, :sunglasses:

Looks very smart :sunglasses: - good luck with it.

I guess 11.60 tare…

Hello all, not been around for a while so just catching up…

Firstly, I must say I’m impressed by your enthusiasm Matthew - I mean it - I wish I still liked the job as much as you do m8!

Big Truck, glad you are still making your fortune :wink: I’ve read some of your recent’ish posts trying to get the lad into an artic…tut tut. Job’s different over here; rigids still rule! Me thinks you is a provocative devil baiting people into running six axles when four will do fine - go and wash your typing fingers in salty water and feel free to offer sensible answers to what follows…

Now Matthew, I’ve just been told that I can have a new DAF in about five years time if I order it now (I am a little sarcastic by nature btw). Your Hino has turned my head, I’ll be honest. It looks the part and they are available in a reasonable time. I’d have one if I can get a satisfactory answer to the following:

Dealer Support Network - Do they have one to match the likes of DAFaid?

Its no good being parked up with a broken shim sham for days on end, can you get bits for them overnight?

Warranty. What do they offer? Two years full? Any servicing or R&M included in the price?

Toys. Does it have cruise control (I’d hate it without). Can a tall fat bloke get behind the wheel? Is the seat air sprung? Are slap across range changes acceptable in the 21st century? Does it have a dash readout of mpg, average speed number of times arse has been scratched etc etc?

Will I be able to sell it in three years for reasonable money?

Will I sit in it and think S**t, I wish I’d waited for a DAF?

Cheers

Lard

Oh, Matthew, forgot to ask, how come Hanson let you off the air operated tailgate? Tarmac have it as mandatory now. Noticed a new Bardon motor the other day without air door too. Thought all these firms held hands on safety matters :confused:

Time for another Gin…

lard:
Hello all, not been around for a while so just catching up…

Firstly, I must say I’m impressed by your enthusiasm Matthew - I mean it - I wish I still liked the job as much as you do m8!

Big Truck, glad you are still making your fortune :wink: I’ve read some of your recent’ish posts trying to get the lad into an artic…tut tut. Job’s different over here; rigids still rule! Me thinks you is a provocative devil baiting people into running six axles when four will do fine - go and wash your typing fingers in salty water and feel free to offer sensible answers to what follows…

Now Matthew, I’ve just been told that I can have a new DAF in about five years time if I order it now (I am a little sarcastic by nature btw). Your Hino has turned my head, I’ll be honest. It looks the part and they are available in a reasonable time. I’d have one if I can get a satisfactory answer to the following:

Dealer Support Network - Do they have one to match the likes of DAFaid?

Its no good being parked up with a broken shim sham for days on end, can you get bits for them overnight?

Warranty. What do they offer? Two years full? Any servicing or R&M included in the price?

Toys. Does it have cruise control (I’d hate it without). Can a tall fat bloke get behind the wheel? Is the seat air sprung? Are slap across range changes acceptable in the 21st century? Does it have a dash readout of mpg, average speed number of times arse has been scratched etc etc?

Will I be able to sell it in three years for reasonable money?

The package I have recieved from Hino im very happy with!

air sprung seat yes

seem to hold their value quite well.

Yes plenty of room for the bigger built driver, why dont you sit in one and find out??

lard:
Will I sit in it and think S**t, I wish I’d waited for a DAF?

I dont know, would you? only you can answer that as everyone is different.

lard:
Oh, Matthew, forgot to ask, how come Hanson let you off the air operated tailgate? Tarmac have it as mandatory now. Noticed a new Bardon motor the other day without air door too. Thought all these firms held hands on safety matters :confused:

Time for another Gin…

optional extra at Hanson…

:laughing:

lard:
I am a little sarcastic by nature btw

Dont really have much time for people that are like that to be perfectly honest!

Tipper-driver01:

lard:

lard:
I am a little sarcastic by nature btw

Dont really have much time for people that are like that to be perfectly honest!

Ooooooh none taken :unamused: I was having a go at DAF delivery dates not you or your choice of vehicle!

I asked about the warranty period as DAF offer a full 2 year. Do Hino match or better this? Is any R & M included in the vehicle price? If so then the deal would be even better imo as R&M is now an extra on DAF (2 yr full R & M used to be included in the price).

All the best with your new business

Hino have matched Dafs, got full 2 years

I was told Dafs now have a 86 week waiting list :open_mouth: this right?

lard:
All the best with your new business

Cheers :wink:

Looking very smart - how was Catterick on a wet morning?