My Class C+E Training

Just had my assessment, went rather well if I dont mind saying so, I was out for over an hour and never clipped one kirb which I was proper chuft with :stuck_out_tongue: .

Done the reverse exercise; a bit ropy to start off with but I nailed it the second time. I seem to keep forgetting which way to steer though, like my mind is naturally telling me to steer the wrong way and just confuses the hell out of me? then I just spaz out and sit there turning the wheel which ever random way I can think of looking like a complete pleb :open_mouth: . Did anyone else have that problem?

Anyway I start my training Monday 28th August finishing with my test on Thursday 31st.

Only another month of emotional torture :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: , but never mind, its all good fun :confused: :confused: :confused: .

A good tip that I read on here when I was doing my training was that when reversing and getting confused with the steering, turn the steering wheel so that the bottom of it is facing the way you want the trailer to go if that makes sence. I know what I mean anyway. :laughing:
Cant remember which member wrote it though.

Good luck with the training/test.
:smiley: :smiley:

Cant remember which member wrote it though.

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :wink:

I know exactly what you mean and it makes perfect sense!

That 's a good tip, cheers uvox82 and Bones!

Done the reverse exercise; a bit ropy to start off with but I nailed it the second time. I seem to keep forgetting which way to steer though, like my mind is naturally telling me to steer the wrong way and just confuses the hell out of me? then I just spaz out and sit there turning the wheel which ever random way I can think of looking like a complete pleb :open_mouth: . Did anyone else have that problem?

I still do!! :open_mouth: :blush:

Good luck with the trainning

Right then,

Where do I start,

had to cancel my original training which was susposed to start on 28th august because work declined my holidays. Instead I had to re-schedule and started on saturday (30th sep).

So I started off saturday morning, arrived at Truk Training compound in Bolton at 9am feeling very nervous, met my instructor Bob and off we went. I like Bob, hes very strict but a very good instructor and thats his way of teaching.

Started off with my reversing which was absolutely diobolical to start off with but after a bit of practicing it was a piece of p**s.

Went out on the road, he took me round Bolton where I was clipping kerbs left right and centre, nearly hitting lamposts etc etc.

Anyway I went back sunday and Monday and worked my ■■■ off trying to get my class 1 driving to the best of my ability for my test on tuesday.

By Monday night I lay in bed going over and over in my head what was in store for me the following morning, I knew I wasnt happy with my progress and needed more training but hey? What could I do?

Got up Tuesday morning feeling very nervous, got to Bolton for about 6.45am and off we headed to kirkham test centre which is near Blackpool, I was still making all kinds of mistakes on the drive up there which didnt help my nerves, in fact the only thing I was happy with was my reversing.

Got to the test centre a couple of minutes late and nearly missed the test but the examinor was outside waiting for us when we pulled in.

So I started with my reverse, nailed it in one without any shunts, done my controlled stop exercise with no problems either and off we went.

We went out and headed for Preston, my driving was the best its ever been, the test was going really well and I actaully felt releaved and thought I would pass, then I turned left at a set of traffic lights onto the A6 in Preston city centre and didnt leave it wide enough, I tried to make up for it but I still skimmed the kerb very slightly, BLLCKS!

So we carried on, up the M55 and back to the test centre, done my uncouple/couple exercise no problems and the examinor got back in the cab for my verdict, his name was Terry, a really nice fella, the best driving test examinor Ive ever had, he chatted to me through out the test and even re-assured me at times.

As soon as he looked at me I knew Id failed, then the words came out of his mouth “Unfortionately today Sean you havent passed” Id failed! :cry: :cry: :cry:

He said my driving was very good but my left turns were letting me down, they needed more work and he wasnt happy to pass me at that present time, fair enough I suppose, just ashame its so bloody expensive.

Gutted eh :confused: , anyway the show must go on so Ive booked my next test for 26th October which will be in Kirkham again so hopefully Ill get Terry for the examinor again.

Anyway Ill post how I get on next time.

Sorry to hear you did not pass this time seanh :frowning: .
Good luck with the retest on the 26th October :smiley: