Class 1 day 2

All Im going to say on this matter is - I cant reverse it for ZB :blush:

Dont fret mate it comes through practise - keep positive and it will fall into place :wink:

Guess that says’s it all, DAF95XF! :open_mouth:

Don’t worry, as russjp says, stay postive and you’ll crack it.

When I did my C+E, both mine and the other trainee’s reversing was so appalling on Day 1 that I thought our instructor (Paul) was actually going to cry. Poor bloke.

We spent the next three days chanting to each other: “we luuuurve, reversing!” until we actually started to believe it - and Paul thought we were raving loonies…

It worked though - with the positive thinking (and loads and loads of practice in Macro’s overflow car park - great fun to swoosh an artic round a pile of shopping trollies! :blush: :open_mouth: ) - I passed first time.

So will you. Keep at it. :smiley:

As Roy my instructor said it’ll all fall in place on Monday :wink:
The other problem I have is when Im passing parked cars I swing out way to far (like I do on a bus with the front overhang :blush: ) but my driving is fine :wink: :wink:

Have another read of the artic reversing tips via the link in my signature - it may help…

ROG:
Have another read of the artic reversing tips via the link in my signature - it may help…

Thanks ROG, Ive had a read of the links in your signature and watched the artic reversing video and read the write up in the thread its in… :sunglasses:
And thanks for the PM you sent me, I’ll take you up on the offer…
Im also tempted to set out a miniature reversing area with a toy lorry… :blush:

just forget about the trailer on the first bit of the manouver as it sorts itself out, then when you are heading towards the box just make small adjustments and keep an eye on the trailer wheels. And take a shunt uf you have to.

bubsy06:
Top tip: When going through a speed camera, flash your lights twice quickly and watch the driver in front hit their brakes when they think they’ve been caught.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Nice one bubsy. :grimacing: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

bubsy06:
just forget about the trailer on the first bit of the manouver as it sorts itself out, then when you are heading towards the box just make small adjustments and keep an eye on the trailer wheels. And take a shunt uf you have to.

The instructor said that and instead of doing the whole reverse towards the end of the day, he got me to reverse into the bay, pull out at angle then try reversing in to show me what the trailer does - it virtually steers itself in, just needing very little steering!!!
The part Im struggling with is the starting the reversing from the box and getting the unit parallel with the kerb :blush:
Hopefully today was the bad day :blush:

DAF95XF:
The part Im struggling with is the starting the reversing from the box and getting the unit parallel with the kerb

Are you thinking about the trailer when doing this bit :question:

Question - could you put a rigid truck or your car parallel to the line and 18 inches from it :question: :wink:

Mate if you saw my c&e bloggy diary you’d see me and the reverse didn’t like each other, I ■■■■■■ it up many a time and even on the test nearly failed before going on the road. Please have faith in yourself and remember, ‘if Jon can do it anyone can do it :exclamation:’

also don’t be a ■■■■ have a shunt works wonders as a phrase.

ps i’m the jon of which they speak of

pps they being me

ppps so i’m the jon i speak about

DAF95XF:

bubsy06:

The instructor said that and instead of doing the whole reverse towards the end of the day, he got me to reverse into the bay, pull out at angle then try reversing in to show me what the trailer does - it virtually steers itself in, just needing very little steering!!!
The part Im struggling with is the starting the reversing from the box and getting the unit parallel with the kerb :blush:
Hopefully today was the bad day :blush:

Forget the trailer at the beginning. Just concentrate on keeping the unit parrallel with the line.

bubsy06:
Just concentrate on keeping the unit parrallel with the line. you have done it with a class 2 so there is no excuse.

Hmmm… I don’t think on the the rigid test the rear and front wheels were parallel and 18" away from the yellow line :wink:
Might have got into a bit of bother with cone ‘B’ if they had :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

bubsy06:
Just concentrate on keeping the unit parrallel with the line. you have done it with a class 2 so there is no excuse.

Hmmm… I don’t think on the the rigid test the rear and front wheels were parallel and 18" away from the yellow line :wink:
Might have got into a bit of bother with cone ‘B’ if they had :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So long ago I forgot. my mistake :laughing: :laughing: