Class 1 Day 3

Well, my reversing got a bit better today :grimacing:
Anyway, got to Lee on Solent a bit early today, as I had nipped into town to get something and decided it wasnt worth going back home to only go out again 5 minutes later - I enjoyed my ice cream sat on the sea front :grimacing:
:grimacing:
I had a different instructor again today, it was Stu and explained the reversing again and it seemed to click into place :open_mouth:
In fact my very last reverse I managed to get into the box area in one hit, Stu asked if I wanted to do another one before finishing but I decided against it - finish on a high and all thatā€¦ :wink:
I got a few uncouple/couple excersises in - just got to remember BLACK then KCALBā€¦
On the reversing front, it suddenly dawned on me that when the middle wheel of the trailer gets the first cone of the box area thats when you start bending the trailer in and if in doubt ā€œdont be a tnuc, take a shuntā€ :grimacing:

DAF95XF:
it suddenly dawned on me that when the middle wheel of the trailer gets the first cone of the box area thats when you start bending the trailer in

That is called the ā€˜pivot pointā€™ and if doing it that way works for you - great :smiley:

New way of getting the reverse to ā€˜clickā€™ - eat ice cream :exclamation:

ROG:

DAF95XF:
That is called the ā€˜pivot pointā€™ and if doing it that way works for you - great :smiley:

New way of getting the reverse to ā€˜clickā€™ - eat ice cream :exclamation:

I just hope I dont make any balls up on the test tomorrow :open_mouth:
But yep, it worked for me and Iā€™ll use that method tomorrow :wink:
Thanks for your number btw cant remember if I replied to the PM or not :blush:

ROG:
New way of getting the reverse to ā€˜clickā€™ - eat ice cream

Yup, that would work for me! :stuck_out_tongue:

Have you added it to the training guide, then, Rog? :wink:

Sitting by the seafront in this weather - bliss! :sunglasses: That would work for me too! How youā€™ve suffered, DAF95XF! :unamused: :laughing:

Good luck on the test tomorrow! :smiley:

Good luck for tomorrow matey, Iā€™ll be thinking about you, what time is it??

LoadsOfHorses:

ROG:
New way of getting the reverse to ā€˜clickā€™ - eat ice cream

Sitting by the seafront in this weather - bliss! :sunglasses: That would work for me too! How youā€™ve suffered, DAF95XF! :unamused: :laughing:

Good luck on the test tomorrow! :smiley:

Yep, hard work but somebodies gotta do itā€¦ :sunglasses:

garnerlives:
Good luck for tomorrow matey, Iā€™ll be thinking about you, what time is it??

Its at 10:30, 3 hours training before the test so Im going to get as much reversing and uncoupling/coupling as I can inā€¦
Do you think if I show the examiner a bit of leg in my shorts Iā€™ll get a passā€¦ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck tomorrow mate :smiley:
My lot have decided that theyā€™re not gonna bother putting me through class 1 now :confused:
But having said that the class 1 manā€™s gone off indefinitely so theyā€™re already in the brown smelly stuff :laughing:

Simon :sunglasses:

Good luck mate

i was going to say break a :wink: but i will not bother you never know :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

What was the resultā– ā– ?

garnerlives:

Im going to keep you on suspenders until Ive finished reading the rest of the forum, but it aint goodā€¦

DAF95XF:

garnerlives:

Im going to keep you on suspenders until Ive finished reading the rest of the forum, but it aint goodā€¦

Donā€™t try to throw me a red herring :angry:

garnerlives:

DAF95XF:

garnerlives:

Donā€™t try to throw me a red herring :angry:

:wink:
My today blog is now posted youā€™ll be able to find out how I did nowā€¦ :wink: