My assesment for C+E

Arrived for 12pm as instructed and met George from EP Training , was feeling quite nervous but he put me at ease very quickly and climbed into truck .
This was W+D and was quite surprised at how easily it was driving George showing me how to position the truck so as to get trailer around the corners , I could feel the difference in that could feel the trailer behind the truck so very different feel to a rigid when driving ! I felt quite comfortable with the extra length but was very surprised to find how many bad habits I have picked up since my cat c training , the things im gonna have to really work on are my approach to junctions i dont slow down enough and give myself enough time to get the veh position correct gear etc so ended up trying to do many things when should of just been looking for an opening on a rbt !!
Had a go at reversing which is the real thing for me !!! never even towed a trailer on a car, so many people try to explain about reversing a trailer never got it until today when actually did it for myself i know understand about very little turning of the wheel and how quickly the tailer reacts to that little tweek of wheel as you can imagine first reverse was cack !! second still bad weaving all over but the principle went into my brain and now understand the theory even if cannot get it to do what I want so all in all a very enlightening day and cant thank George enough for his time today , perfect instruction as understood all he said , he reckons that forward road driving should not need too much training to have me up to standard but the reversing looks like will need quite a bit of work on that part !!! :blush:

Thanks Sean EP Training I will definatly be in touch as soon as George has given you that report God help u , u have another trainee soon :smiley:

Hi Jennnie,

Glad all went well. George gave me a call too. U will be fine and we look forward too having you back soon. Just give me a call when ready.

Sean

Good look :stuck_out_tongue:

You’ll be ok once you get into the swing of it

I was the same with the reverse, but after 3 attempts i was like a pro :laughing:

Jennie dont worry about the reversing as it will come good in a couple of day’s trust me. If you read my post on my artic reversing i struggled for first few days but i kept at it and eventually it all clicked into place and came excellent for test day. Like you said very little steering is needed, im not sure with the principal with the W&D cause i learnt in a artic but maybe it’s simular to a degree! Artics do indeed drive alot better than those rigids. Goodluck for when you start your course and im sure you will be fine, you’ll soon loose those bad habits picked up im sure.

great to hear the update, just give the reverse some time and it will come. good luck

Good luck. for when you do your course.

Hi Jennie
Good to hear you are going for your c+e, i personally think its better to do the test in a wag and drag as its a little bit smaller and once you have passed it would only take you 5mins to adjust to a full sized artic. You will soon master the reversing so dont worry about that to much.

When you thinking about starting your course? i hope it goes well for you and good luck with it :wink:

Having done assessments in several CE combinations I preferred the artic to the wag and drag but each to their own.

Hope all goes well for you Jennie x

Thanks for the comments guys well just gotta wait for my licence to come back as renewing the mug shot as soon as back can put the wheels in motion so to speak !
Jenx