Reputation intact!

Well Peter did it and he didnt even need the three hours he gave himself .
I arrived just after 11 and a coffee was in order I was instantly put at ease and with introductions over out to the reversing area for a quick lesson as a test was booked just after 12.
Peter ran through the reverse with me walking alongside and explained each bit getting out to show me position and how much room was available then it was my turn gulp!

He walked alongside explaining and any questions where answered with patience and a smile , this was the key for me I did not feel afraid to ■■■■ it up and after a few adjustments the trailer went in the box ! back for another go and again back in the box :open_mouth:

Time for another coffee so guy could take his test and then back out to practice again , I think it was the third time i did it on my own not perfect but that was the thing by not being under pressure i was able to feel the manouver and get it understood in my head so that if the trailer wasnt going where I wanted I felt what i needed to do to correct it and started to understand how to put the trailer where I wanted it , I was reversing :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The key to me getting this was I wasnt afraid to make a mistake there was no pressure on me and was able to relax and feel the reverse so much so that I can say I can reverse now even if the trailer goes a bit off I know how to get it back on track and get into the box .

I cant thank you enough for yest Peter you did what you said on the box and taught me to
So the proof is in the pudding I suggest you watch this video with the sound off as was blowing a gale yest and I promise the noise is the wind and not my gear crunching Honest !!!

A very happy Jen ■■

So here the update will be taking my retest on 22nd of this month with P Smythe training dont know if will be Peter training me as need a couple of days to get used to w&d from artic but hopefully will hold that pass certificate in my hand befor christmas :smiley:

Congratulations on such a successful day. No ‘testing the teabag’ then due to a shortage of hot water. :slight_smile:
Good to read your post this morning as I am talking to Peter about training today.
Alan

Hi Jennie

Thanks for the kind words - and the brilliant shortbread (homemade). Words of wisdom to all other trainees - shortbread is very welcome!

Would like to have watched the video - but couldn’t find it! Is it me?

Hi Alan

Look forward to meeting you when you have your assessment.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Hi Jennie
Would like to have watched the video - but couldn’t find it! Is it me?

Too chuffed i expect and happy and forgot to post :slight_smile: Well done and glad Peter taught you well and has you sorted now, wish i had him on my C+E reverse and maybe i would of picked the reverse up a lot faster!!

Good luck Jennie :slight_smile:

well done jennie your flying !!! keep plugging away i feel lots of flags and fanfares coming after your retest :smiley:

Sorry guys hope to have video on by this evening comp probs
Jx

Excellent. Glad it has all fallen into place for you Jen. Will be watching for video update too.

Good luck with retraining and retest.

Converting over to WnD should be a breeze. You just won’t need to use so much room for the turns as the trailer follows the unit well.

Let’s hope you get that pass this time.

Dean

Hi,
just wanted to say well done, you got this in the bag i’m sure. and can’t wait to see the video. :slight_smile:

Well that was a much better post form last few

Well done & god luck for 22nd now no pressure :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Will certainly make a great Christmas present when you get it :slight_smile:

Nice to see your posts are bright and breezy again.Well done Jennie and Peter. Good luck on the retest.

Rich

richvanho:
Nice to see your posts are bright and breezy again.Well done Jennie and Peter. Good luck on the retest.

Rich

Thanks guys i must admit never felt so low about something as preety much a glass half full person and did not like being where I was , I must say that the difference in comments whilst driving where constructive not critising that was a big help , I just thought that hgv trainers where all like the guy I had as was the industry needed hard training for a hard job if had experienced the kind of training peter and I’m sure other trainers are like peter too would of not put up with the comments of impatient trainer u live and learn there are good guys out there u just gotta look and not to hard thankfully
Jx

Video■■? :laughing: :laughing:

Well here ya go thanks DD for ya help ! took too long to reverse so file too large to upload lol

s1043.photobucket.com/albums/b43 … EO0012.mp4

Jen x

Jennie:
Well here ya go thanks DD for ya help ! took too long to reverse so file too large to upload lol

s1043.photobucket.com/albums/b43 … EO0012.mp4

Jen x

Hi Jen, maybe just my end but it won’t play for me, get the below error:

"There was a problem playing your video.

I/O error when loading URL over HTTP -Error #2032"

Well done Jennie, looks like you are getting the hang of reversing a trailer. Good luck for your next test. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you :sunglasses:

Really chuffed to see you have got it.

See we were proved right the trainer didnt care now it has been explained fully by Peter you have mastered it I wish you all the success possible for the 22nd.

Peter you deserve a bit of credit hehehe :wink:

Well done Jennie :sunglasses: really looks like your cracking it :smiley: Good luck for the 22nd, everything is crossed for you. x

just watched video, very nicely done! all the best for 22nd. :slight_smile:

Well Done. Video looks cool. Reversing area smaller than when I did it. You should be very proud getting it in without a shunt. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: