Class 1 Training

Hi all

Started C+E on Friday and this is what happened.

10h30 start… having nightmares the night before about trailers on kerbs and all sorts of nasty things. watched the bloke before me doing uncouple and recouple and then went out on road, took a bit of getting used to the trailer kicking you in the pants every time you brake or come off the gas but generally it all went ok. didn’t touch a kerb all day but a few minor things to work on(positioning and approach speeds, intructor says i am still in class 2 delivery driver mode) all in all a pretty successful day by her standards, yes a female instructor and a ■■■■ good one at that. lets see how monday goes.

monday 7h30 start… practised reversing in the yard, got the hang of it quickly and got in the box first time. instructor had a class 2 to look after aswell so left me to my own devices for a bit to play and it came together ok, tending to over steer a little on the first straightening up but all in all not too bad, reckon i can do this first time.went to test yard with gary for him to do his test and he drove like a dream all the way there, really smooth thinks me, unfortunately he failed for not using footbrake smoothly( a car pulled out in front of him and he had to brake fairly hard) pants thinks i. i drive back to the yard with the owner of the co. in left seat NOT my instructor. b y the time i got back to the yard i was a nervous wreck no pavements but according to him everything else was wrong :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: now i am having serious doubts about this. mate you are not an instructor leave it to those that can!!! time to go home and settle down and relax for tomorrow. test is on thursday so i have a little time, i will let you know how it goes.

cheers for now
gearjammer

Good look on thursday gearjammer I hope
all goes well for you. That man is out of
order knocking your confidence as you
are learning and nervous also. have faith
in yourself and instructor and Prove him wrong :smiley:

Best of luck come Thursday…

Don’t let that buffoon knock your confidence, you know you can do it !

Well gearjammer, as convoy has said, its bang out of order for the owner of the training company to knock you like that… okay, so he owns the company, but if he aint a qualified instructor, then he has no right to do that… just watch that he;s not enticing you to fail so that you have to give him more money for retraining and retest.
But it all sounds a bit of a farce mate, if you dont mind me saying…

I cant imagine a training company using one instructor to train class one AND class two at the same time… it just dont make sense.

I really do hope that it all comes together for you gearjammer… and best of luck on thursday buddy… we’re all rooting for ya…

gearjammer:
instructor had a class 2 to look after aswell so left me to my own devices for a bit to play … i drive back to the yard with the owner of the co. in left seat NOT my instructor. b y the time i got back to the yard i was a nervous wreck no pavements but according to him everything else was wrong :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: now i am having serious doubts about this. mate you are not an instructor gearjammer

Who are they it looks like others ought to warned, this not very professional, they are taking good money for instruction that they are not providing.
Good Luck.;

Looks a bit shady to me mate. Your paying for TRAINING not time in a truck. You should always expect a TRAINER with you either 1-1 or 2-1 at the most. :open_mouth:

Good luck with it but if your not happy make sure you tell them BEFORE your test otherwise they will only say your ‘making excuses’ because you failed.

All the best.

Bones:
Looks a bit shady to me mate. Your paying for TRAINING not time in a truck. You should always expect a TRAINER with you either 1-1 or 2-1 at the most. :open_mouth:

Good luck with it but if your not happy make sure you tell them BEFORE your test otherwise they will only say your ‘making excuses’ because you failed.

All the best.

agreed, your paying to be instructed on passing your driving test & they were not providing that service, Tell them this & expect some free time if you dont pass (not that you wont of course :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: )

hi guys thanx for the feed back i appreciate your concerns. to be totally fair i was really hacked off on monday and the school did have TWO instructors off sick (monday morning sickie■■? makes you wonder) and my instructor was running her ■■■■ off to try and keep up with the two of us (definately earned her money that day :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ).

anyway tuesday!!! new day new challenge hey!!! went straight out on to the road and all of a sudden i can drive this thing again :sunglasses: went straight into the middle of town and some tight manouvering exersices, nothing like back in at the deep end again hey. all in all it went ok but kissed one kerb which i saw coming but didn’t have enough angle on it to clear it. drove for 3.5 hrs and was pretty knackered at the end of it but was really happy about the drive, the placement on the road is becoming second nature which is one less thing to think about so generally my instructor is quite happy with it all.

this is wednesday morning and today we do mock test as well as more reversing/couple/uncouple.

generally i am feeling ok but the nerves are starting to kick in a touch but hey a test is a test is a test is it not. tomorrow is the big day so it is time to get down to some SERIOUS concentration. will let you know how it goes :laughing: :laughing:

cheers for now and safe driving
gearjammer

What I know about tests is really a vague few memories and not relevant today, as I took it 24 years ago and things have sure to have changed in the test.

This is relevant though, I can tell you that in the middle of the week of the course, I was that brassed off that if I couldve got me money back I would have quit. I couldnt of course, and dug in as hard as they knocked me, and passed first time , a week seems an awful long time sometimes dont it! :smiley: good luck GJ, if they get tough on you (they did in my day) rise to the challenge not the bait! :wink:

if they get tough on you (they did in my day) rise to the challenge not the bait!

cheers Mal now that is a good way to look at it, will do

cheers
gearjammer

Hope it helps M8! I remember as well, I still couldnt reverse into the bay on the friday morning! :laughing: The bloke teaching us, Terry, was livid, and we argued, but I’ll never forget how genuinely chuffed he was the day I passed against the odds! Good luck GJ!

rise to the challenge not the bait

Mal you will not believe how true your words were today M8!!! on my drive today some JERK in a kendall Aggregates rigid from pompey was trying very hard to intimidate me on my drive thro’ wickham by tailgating and straddling double whites and just generally being an idiot. If the person involved reads this you were on the A334 at 11:44am this morning, a word of advice this industry is trying it’s best to portray a proffessional image and try to get joe public to support us we really don’t need idiots like you around to give us a bad name SO PLEASE LEAVE before you kill someone. I really don’t mind if you kill yourself but please leave innocent people out of it. oh and by the way if you are going to drive like an idiot then don’t be so STUPID as to do it with the co. name all over the side of the truck.

whinging finished!!! did a mock test and have a bit of thinking to do about various issues like mirrors before braking and such like but generally OK. did uncouple/recouple no probs and a bit of reversing, it took a bit of practice but eventually got it in one with out a shunt and promptly gave up, i have the feeling in my bones and no point practicing to death. tomorrow is the big day and so far i am not too nervous but we will see, just got to get the head down and CONCENTRATE. To all those who have wished me luck thank you and i will do my best.

cheers for now
gearjammer

Keep up the good work GJ! Ive always said two of the greatest qualities a driver can posses are durability and a sense of humour! I think you might be able to see youre gonna need them on the roads day in day out! :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

that ladies and gentleman should say everything

too overwhelmed at the moment i will post more later

cheers
gearjammer

Well done that man :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Congratulations Gearjammer, i hope to be joining you in a couple of weeks

:smiley:

gearjammer:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Well done :slight_smile:

Paul

:sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

good one rikki and thanks

Well done gearjammer.
Congratulations :smiley: