multi dropping...

im sure many have been there did you or if you still do it enjoy it■■?..or are you like me & hated it running like a monkey…be intresting to here peoples views

Done lots of multi drop in my time, can’t say i would go out of my way to do it now, pressure from the word go :angry: , give me trunking anyday :smiley:

:laughing: “where are you”… “same place you rang me 5 minuets ago” i remeber a few works phones going out the window :laughing: and you wonder why vans never had a tacho :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Have done quite a bit of Class 2 multidrop. Having to deliver to private houses down silly little streets, and having to get 1000kg bags of gravel off a taillift armed with just a pallet truck. :open_mouth: No thanks
Those are some of the reasons why I did (and passed) my Class 1 last week. :wink: Easier life, more options and no more multi dropping :smiley:

Done mainly 7.5 & a little bit of van mutlidrop in my younger days and loved every minute of it - seriously :smiley:

keano1:
Have done quite a bit of Class 2 multidrop. Having to deliver to private houses down silly little streets, and having to get 1000kg bags of gravel off a taillift armed with just a pallet truck. :open_mouth: No thanks
Those are some of the reasons why I did (and passed) my Class 1 last week. :wink: Easier life, more options and no more multi dropping :smiley:

silly streets & a bit of mirror bashing ahh them were the days :laughing: do see your point hence one of the reasons im upgrading to c+e shortly(very shortly i hope :slight_smile: )

multi drop? don’t you mean racing!

BEN BADGER:
do see your point hence one of the reasons im upgrading to c+e shortly(very shortly i hope :slight_smile: )

Getting it doesnt neccesarily mean no multidrop, it just means less drops on… :wink:

DAF95XF:

BEN BADGER:
do see your point hence one of the reasons im upgrading to c+e shortly(very shortly i hope :slight_smile: )

Getting it doesnt neccesarily mean no multidrop, it just means less drops on… :wink:

Correct :smiley: i had 12 drops with 4 collections after in a artic round Bracknell last week, it just becomes more challenging :grimacing:

Used to work for 3663 & Warburtons, loads of silly ‘you have to deliver no matter what’ stunts from the management. Had a good one yesterday, called by an agency and asked if i’d do a job for Danish Bacon, 1 drop in Epsom. No problem as i’m just got over the flu and doing much more would be asking for trouble. Turned up this morning and was asked if i’d ever done multi drop and presented with the drop list. Smart decline, turn around and head home. Not inclined to do multi drops anymore, way to much of cutting corners. Must have been interesting doing multidrops in an Artic, most I’ve done is 2 drops and a collection.

Paul-H:
Must have been interesting doing multidrops in an Artic, most I’ve done is 2 drops and a collection.

To be fair not that bad as they were all in and around Bracknell town centre with the last one at Waitrose which took the longest 45 mins to take off TWO pallets :smiley:,
2 collections in Wokingham then back to Theale, one of the shortest days i had 8 hours :grimacing:

I’d rather shove my face in boiling water than do multi drop again