Which direction to go

morning all,

now i have my class c passed, when license comes back back im going to do my mod 4 asap, when thats all sorted the job hunt will be on for part time to start with as my current boss is very linient as hes my step dad :smiley: ,

what should i be looking to do? id like to do single drop and kinda learn the ropes first but what does everyone else think??

answers on a post card :astonished:

More likely any openings will be on mutli drop

Multi drop isnt all bad i used to do 100+ a day in a van cant be that much harder in a 7.5t for example ( he says hopefully)

thanks guys, still gotta wait for cpc mod 4 which is 4 weeks ago , but im ready to get out on the road now

There’s loads of multidrop as previously mentioned especially this time of year, if I was in your shoes I would concentrate on getting a job anywhere doing the class of licence you hold & want to use. It will give you experience even if you wish to go on to something else later on , it will also give you a regular income.

smarties:
Multi drop isnt all bad i used to do 100+ a day in a van cant be that much harder in a 7.5t for example ( he says hopefully)

I used to do about 25-30 pubs and hotels when I did Manchester City Centre, all handball or sack truck jobbies. That was on a 7.5. All depends how far away from base you go, and the spread of the drops.

These days I do probably 3-6 bulk palletised drops if I’m in London. 12 or 18 tonner.

i know it keeps you busy doing all those drops but i dont think that would be my cup of tea

It’s good when you get to know your customers. I used to do a mix of distance work and local multidrop, so didn’t mind it too much.

il see what i can find, apparently a big shortage of drivers on the run up to christmas

I hated multidrop. Made me feel like a shelf stacker. I’ve done general haulage which is multidrop but its not too bad depending on who you work for.