multi drop

went from driving drainage tanker jet vacs to doing multi drops for a major food company not relised who hard multi drop could be i dont mind the hours but starting 5am loading your own wagon and going out 7am not getting bk till 8pm only doing 12 drop when other experienced lads finish at 2pm hahah sure i get used to it :blush:

That’s the reason why I passed my class 1 today mate-■■■■■■ off with class 2 multi drop.

Does the company you work for have the same name as the word for the middle pedal??

yeah it is haha, good company look after you but hard work haha especially the logistics side not the broadway side

You working out of Warrington mate?

no mate northeast we have a nyt shift wagon what goes down there do u work for them ?

eagerbeaver:
That’s the reason why I passed my class 1 today mate-■■■■■■ off with class 2 multi drop.

Does the company you work for have the same name as the word for the middle pedal??

congrads on your class 1 buddy

Thanks for the congrats pal lol.

Nah,dont work there but had an assessment drive organised last week,but didn’t end up going cos I turned my ankle kicking my missus in the a*se.

I was gonna re-book it with them for next week,but now I have become a real man,i think im gonna drive the bendys.

haha i drive for the logistic side 27 tonne ones, iv been wanting to do my class 1 is it hard ?

simpsonsboy:
haha i drive for the logistic side 27 tonne ones, iv been wanting to do my class 1 is it hard ?

Hiya have an assessment with class 1 once you have got used to the extra length you will be fine as for multi drop that’s why I did my class 1 30+ drops a day with brakes for 3 years was enough.
Still do multi drop with a class 1 took a 45ft decker out last week 5 drops in town centres 47 pallets just under 19 tonne all off with a pallet truck

Jeff.

thanks for advice jeff i think ill give it a try :slight_smile:

Its not hard mate,just a bit different. People tend to stay away from you a bit more on your lessons,which is a good thing.

The trailer comes round nicely once you are aware of your length(52 feet long lol),just keep your eyes peeled.

Reversing is as easy as you make it. My instructor on my first lesson said " See if you can reverse back in a straight line",which I did and it gives you a really good idea of how little steering input will move your trailer,and to what degree.

Then we progressed to parking it in the ‘box’,and he said " Go slowly and have a play with it,see how you go". This approach really worked with me-it felt like I was being ‘trusted’ and I think its a great settler. Go for it mate,you will love it.

i will do mate biggest iv drove is 32 tonne 8 wheeler tankers only 22 soo shud be an good experience cheers :slight_smile:) just get bit more cash together