Class 1 multi drop

Well I’ve been at my place nearly 3 months now and I love it I do class 1 multi drop but there is no hand ball or out like that but it’s the best experience I think u will find going round little towns farms and villages and tiny tiny yards with tiny gates has helped me massively I don’t worry about anything now I can reverse the trailer and put it were I want it now with out any problems I’d say to any one new try class multi drop for a few months then u will get the experience u want specially when u have to reverse out of a tiny gate onto a main rd a few times a day soon gets your reversing skills up lol

Agree 100% I cut my teeth doing C1 multi drop and you either learn how to drive quick or fail completely

I love it me I couldn’t think of anything worse than been sat on a motorway for ours on end as for multi drop work this is great no tail lift or pump truck everything is on off by falk lift but agree mate it makes u Learn to drive one quick or fail quickly

samledger1212:
I love it me I couldn’t think of anything worse than been sat on a motorway for ours on end as for multi drop work this is great no tail lift or pump truck everything is on off by falk lift but agree mate it makes u Learn to drive one quick or fail quickly

You on days now Sam?? Only see one of your class one’s but it always a older chap behind the wheel? Unless that’s you then I apologise :smiley:

Ye back on days for three weeks and no won’t be me I’m 29 but look quite young all tho I do feel old

samledger1212:
Ye back on days for three weeks and no won’t be me I’m 29 but look quite young all tho I do feel old

Don’t know how you do nights mate, I’ve done a few in the past and it proper messed me up lol

I say nights but it isn’t nights I start at 2 pm and I’m back normaly half 9 10 ish but the odd time I’ll be back half 11 and that’s a late one so still only doing 8 9hrs so it’s not really nights lol we say I do three weeks of lates ha ha

samledger1212:
I say nights but it isn’t nights I start at 2 pm and I’m back normaly half 9 10 ish but the odd time I’ll be back half 11 and that’s a late one so still only doing 8 9hrs so it’s not really nights lol we say I do three weeks of lates ha ha

Haha, afternoon shift then :wink:

That’s the one

I also started my Class 1 career doing mulit-drop for the same firm I’d previously driven oversized VAN’s for! :smiley:
It’s a baptism of fire, but as you say, you learn quick… The first few weeks are the hardest as you’re going in to places not knowing the layout/score and basically ■■■■■■■■ yourself on whether you’re going to end up the wrong end of crap creek without a paddle! :laughing:
It gets progressively easier though as you start to have more confidence in your abilities and obviously your skills are improving day by day. You also tend to get a percentage of repeat customers, so you are also learning the best ways in and out of those particular places.

It’s a steep learning curve, but you might as well grab the bull by both horns! :grimacing:
Go for a reach around if you’re really ambitious, or DipperDave! :laughing:

I do class 1 multi drop I’ve been at this firm for 4 months now and I know 90% of the drops which makes the job so much easier. I must say I much prefer class 1 local multidrop than sat in a miserable rdc waiting room staring at a coffee machine for hours on end. And the longest day I’ve done here was 8am until 7:30pm so yeah class 1 multi drop isn’t as bad as it’s made out to be : )

Ye mine is all local I start at half 7 and do 3/5 drops all local then I go out and do three collections at 2 and I’m on my way home by half 4 I no some class 1 multi drop is really bad but I love it were I am I wouldn’t leave ere for anything and specially not to sit on a motorway for ours on end sod that

What? :open_mouth:
I was doing on average 10-15 drops in a day…
Are you sure you can call that Multi-drop Sam? :laughing:

Not really lol the most I’ve had is 8 but average is 5 :grimacing: