MPG

Can anyone give me a rough idea on what sort of mpg I would get on an iveco euro 3, 350 bhp 26 tonner doing light motorway work, many thanks.

I run a Daf 270 Euro 2 26-tonner on ‘all or nothing’ weight quarry work, and get between 9.5 and 10mpg per tank. However, exclusively m-way work it might go up a bit. A more modern engine with more horses on light weights, I would expect a bit more, maybe between 10.5 & 12.

I agree with you up to a point hammer, but after that point, the extra horses need feeding and then become uneconomic IMHO.

The type and height of bodywork will probably influence the answer to sampopmat’s question too… :wink:

I,m getting a lot less than that, between 6.5 and 7.5 depending on load weight, wind, hills etc. yet when i was driving for aldi 8 years ago my scania would do about 8.5 to 9.5 with no cruise use or friendly driving. I,ve checked tp,s and raised the spoiler. Must be the greedy renault! Anyone else running a premium at that?

theseatonslicer:
I,m getting a lot less than that, between 6.5 and 7.5 depending on load weight, wind, hills etc. yet when i was driving for aldi 8 years ago my scania would do about 8.5 to 9.5 with no cruise use or friendly driving. I,ve checked tp,s and raised the spoiler. Must be the greedy renault! Anyone else running a premium at that?

Mine used to average just below 7mpg on hard 44t tipper work, That’s across the M62 every day, loaded both ways, go down the A1 and it would go to nearer 8. With a box on lightly loaded high 9s were achievable.
It was uprated to 460hp mind

Sounds about the same. Some days i,m pulling full loads of stone from the midlands back to the cave in the north which would explain it, as its all uphill like!!

Ive just got rid of a bulk bodied kerax 370 dci because of poor mpg. even had it chipped to 440 but it went worse so got my money back. it did 7.8 when I first got it. I then took the easy sheet of and fitted a elec net. obviously the body acted as a wind trap. was lucky If I got 7 mpg on a good day. 6 on a bad day.
Ive got a Foden with a C12 - 450 now. on the first tank in the bad winds this week and seeing how she’d pull :laughing: !! I got 7.5mpg, so hopefully it’ll do 8 mpg as its not stressed as 32 tonnes.

as long as hammer doesn’t get in my way climbing out of mold !! :laughing: :laughing:

Iveco have the lowest fuel costs of any lorry on the market, most of the time they are parked up in the dealers waiting to be fixed :laughing:

IVECO = I Vibrate Everything Comes Off :cry:

newmercman:
Iveco have the lowest fuel costs of any lorry on the market, most of the time they are parked up in the dealers waiting to be fixed :laughing:

IVECO = I Vibrate Everything Comes Off :cry:

:laughing: PMSL :laughing: Brilliant :wink:

dozer:
as long as hammer doesn’t get in my way climbing out of mold !! :laughing: :laughing:

Its a bloody dual carriageway man - how much room do you need?! :open_mouth: :wink:

:wink: :laughing:

Thanks for all of your replies gentlemen.