Whats your MPG?

As above interesting to see what you are getting in fuel return.

Please give Year Make model and weight (if known) as well as anything to help you (ie limited to 50mph)

13 daf xf manual 44 tonne limited to 56mph

6mph

11 plate MAN TGX 26.400 XXL (don’t forget the XXL that is very important) usually come in at an average of about 9.5 over the month. Was limited to 84, now back up to 89, no noticeable decrease in mpg.

PaulNowak:
11 plate MAN TGX 26.400 XXL (don’t forget the XXL that is very important) usually come in at an average of about 9.5 over the month. Was limited to 84, now back up to 89, no noticeable decrease in mpg.

9.5 is pretty good… what weight were you pulling?

Varies bud, I can go out out fully freighted but often my backload will just be crisps. Very rarely empty, I’d say on average probably 12-15t. We’ve got Euro 6 demonstrators at the moment, and they’re coming in at 3mpg better with comparable loads.

PaulNowak:
Varies bud, I can go out out fully freighted but often my backload will just be crisps. Very rarely empty, I’d say on average probably 12-15t. We’ve got Euro 6 demonstrators at the moment, and they’re coming in at 3mpg better with comparable loads.

Nice … We are toying with getting some new euro6 FH13’s but time shall tell …

We’ve got a Volvo FH a DAF XF and a Merc Actros on trial, Merc was breezing all the mpg figures, closely followed by the DAF, Volvo didn’t even come close.

MAN TGX 26.440, 9 months old, 15 plate, restricted to 89kmph (I tend to cruise on 87kmph) Euro 6 with Adblue, 57632 km on the clock (when I left her this evening)

last 8 fill ups over the last 3 weeks=
9.87 mpg (926 km)
9.29 mpg (1036 km)
9.32 mpg (683 km)
8.76 mpg (937 km)
8.50 mpg (635 km)
8.40 mpg (375 km)
10.98 mpg (848 km)
8.03 mpg (555 km)
Some of these figures were after me all day & the night trunk, nights are very heavy on fuel, usually returning around 6mpg pulling Deka’s with very heavy right feet.

The 10.98 mpg/848 km was with a load of plastic pipes, around 2 tons & empty coming back to MK.

We carry a mixture of weights from a couple of ton to 28 tons, a lot of loads are between 10-20 tons one way & quite often empty on the home leg.

martinviking:
MAN TGX 26.440, 9 months old, 15 plate, restricted to 89kmph (I tend to cruise on 87kmph)

Obviously not an XXL, lol [emoji6]

PaulNowak:

martinviking:
MAN TGX 26.440, 9 months old, 15 plate, restricted to 89kmph (I tend to cruise on 87kmph)

Obviously not an XXL, lol [emoji6]

No, just a lowly Fleet Spec XL, they’ve even scrimped on the doors & left the bottom half back in the factory[emoji22], at least it’s got Bluetooth. [emoji106]

I had one of our demo’s for a day while mine was in the garage, couldn’t give it back quick enough. Why does the box always want to kick off in 2nd? And after my big cab, it felt like the tacho was bang in line with my eyeballs. I’ve been offered newer units, but always stuck with mine because I think it drives really well, and being one of our older ones, it’ll be one of the first replaced. But if we don’t get XXLs I’ll be on my hands and knees to try and get to the back of the queue.

Scaniia 440 ,61 reg, manual, mid lift steer, always pulling flats, generally not aerodynamic loads

40+ ton outbound, the return leg is 50% 40+ton, rest is about 22 ton.

Only empty running is the hour between drop off outbound and collection inbound.

I get 9.4mpg averaged over 10,000 km

Generally cruise between 78-83, limiter at 89. Always button off over crests of hill, half a mile before roundabouts and red lights.

I save 55 litres a day between the extreme of a driver that doesn’t understand/care about mpg and me, unfortunately I get no more wages and am no better thought off :grimacing:

A good set up on a the right truck, auto, gps cruise, etc I get 9.8s
Even a bad driver only dips 1.5 on the same truck using all the driver aids.

Obviously weight, terrain and type of road has a massive impact.

My 440 euro 5 MAN on a motorway run, thats 43t+ outwards and empty back will see around 9.4 on a easy jaunt or down to 8.5/8.8 on hillier routes, but i’m @ 800 rpm for just over the hour blowing the load off so maybe add another .5mpg to the figures for a long run.

Another more local run, one in particular which is some dualled, some B road, where every single junction and roundabout on the loaded run means an uphill climb back up to speed, an hour and ten minutes each way, again at full weight will see about 6.5, but again given an hours blowing i reckon you could add 1mpg to the figure being the run is shorter.

I got the same fuel approx out of my previous CF, but covered the ground a lot quicker and easier (always in top gear so running easy), can also get over 1mpg better the rare times i’ve got one of the euro 5 Scanias.

I run about 51/52 mph and i always drive the auto boxes (particularly Arsetronic in the MAN) in manual to keep the revs under control ( i run it between 1000 and 1400 rpm max) and to stop me spitting me dummy out when the box can’t cope on its jack.

Its shocking when some of the others have been using your regular motor and you see the fuel they can waste, the amount of brake dust the same bods can pile around the wheels in 100 kms is staggering, they must be flat to the floor on both pedals the whole time… :unamused:

martinviking:
MAN TGX 26.440, 9 months old, 15 plate, restricted to 89kmph (I tend to cruise on 87kmph) Euro 6 with Adblue, 57632 km on the clock (when I left her this evening)

last 8 fill ups over the last 3 weeks=
9.87 mpg (926 km)
9.29 mpg (1036 km)
9.32 mpg (683 km)
8.76 mpg (937 km)
8.50 mpg (635 km)
8.40 mpg (375 km)
10.98 mpg (848 km)
8.03 mpg (555 km)
Some of these figures were after me all day & the night trunk, nights are very heavy on fuel, usually returning around 6mpg pulling Deka’s with very heavy right feet.

The 10.98 mpg/848 km was with a load of plastic pipes, around 2 tons & empty coming back to MK.

We carry a mixture of weights from a couple of ton to 28 tons, a lot of loads are between 10-20 tons one way & quite often empty on the home leg.

Thursday 57085 Kim, I did MK-Wellington/Somerset carrying 31 euros & standard pallets of Aerosol Valves, approx 5 tons, came back empty, lots of duel carriageway & motorway,
Friday was MK-approx 5 tons drainage pipes to Cardiff/empty-Mk using M40-A46-M50-A40-A449-M4 both ways, finish 58174 km, total 1080 km, 298 ltrs + Adblue (no gauge, so not sure how much) =10.23 mpg.

Mercedes Actros 1845 Auto Gigaspace 2013 model. Always driven in Eco mode (85kph). Gross weight 20t - 30t. Average over 150,000 miles = 11 MPG.

2015 Scania R520 tag pulling a curtainsider 48t gross, average return for the last 2400 miles 8mpg. loads were 29t,15t,2t,21t and 28t. plenty of empty miles in there as well.

Is a 48tonne gross classed as STGO 1■■ or just updated suspension & brakes

it’s what’s allowed on 6 axles here in scandinavia, nothing special