Whats yours, mine's?

about 8.5 - 9.5 mpg.
Pulling containers with an Actros 2540 at up to 44 tonnes, but not very often, mainly at around 30 - 40 tonnes gross…
Dragging a 30 tonne (44 gross) 20’’ on the M62 westbound over the pennines towards Liverpool into a head wind causes havoc with the consumption, it must increases to something like 6 mpg.

A Renault Premium 420 DCI 6X2 semi auto,pulling a mix of trailers from 13 1/2 ft to 16ft 2in double decks.Rarely,if never,at top weight,and doing between 6 and 12 to the gallon.

But the beauty is,from the companies point of view,Renault guarantee the fuel figure at 9.7mpg,as they do for their new trucks now.

Ken.

About 5mpg. Town work with a surging (knackered fuel injection - hence duff fuel economy) Volvo F10 that I’ve just swapped for a nice DAF (we came to a compromise as he was wanting to give me an Actros) because I keep defecting the thing (the Volvo) at least once a week so my rear end is covered over the break chamber that’s leaking fluid over the cab :smiley:.

Manwell:
about 8.5 - 9.5 mpg.

Pass. :laughing:

hi lads this is only my 3rd post on here just about getting used to it.my v8 480 according to the boss does between 9.5and 11 mpg dragging a fridge at 38 to 40 ton . jonah

jones 4482.fsnet.co.uk:
hi lads this is only my 3rd post on here just about getting used to it.my v8 480 according to the boss does between 9.5and 11 mpg dragging a fridge at 38 to 40 ton . jonah

I’m tempted to suggest your boss should invest in a calculator that actually works, but I won’t eh. :laughing:

that sounds about right
for a 480
im doing 8.5 - 9 + when heavy depending on what im pulling
7 year old 14litre v8 460 ex irish so it waqs hammered in a preavoious life i think

Last summer I did a few days with Turners in T and V reg FM’s. On the days that I did monitor the fuel, I got 10.9 and 11.2mpg. A third vehicle on a similar run would only give me 9.9mpg. :confused:

More recently in ERF EXC’s, 10.4 and 10.7 respectively. (And no, I don’t like the motor) :unamused:

All fridge work. Moderate loads. Mainly Motoway and ‘A’ Roads.

Mines a P reg Sedd Ack with a ■■■■■■■ M11, she does well on juice, 8.5 - 9, and pulls like a train! Has an indoor swimming pool in the drivers footwell, but we hope to get the leak fixed in the spring!

Mal.

I only get 6.5/7.5 out of my “p” reg eurostar

jones 4482.fsnet.co.uk:

What make of 480 truck?.

Manwell:

jones 4482.fsnet.co.uk:

What make of 480 truck?.

I’ll bet a quid it’s not an Actros.

Quinny:
Renault guarantee the fuel figure at 9.7mpg,as they do for their new trucks now

How does that work then, do they reimburse you for fuel :question: , or do you return the truck and they give you your money back. :laughing:

its a 52 reg topliner

Rob K:
I’ll bet a quid it’s not an Actros.

Come on Rob, you used to drive an Actros on containers, what was you mpg. :smiling_imp:

The gaffer reckoned about 7mpg from the 2548 Actros I had. I did pull at full weight most of the time as you might remember. I did a lot of steel, scrap metal, sacks of nuts for KP Foods etc. It didn’t used to pull as well I would have expected but that was later found out to be a leaking injector which surely won’t have helped. Apparently the V6 (not straight six) 2546 Actros pulls better and the 2553 V8 Actros gives the same fuel figures as the 2548 just about :open_mouth:

When I was on for S&L and got the 530 Topliner he reckoned that was doing about 7.5mpg which the gaffer was reasonably happy with. It had been chipped up too (530 standard) and it did go like a rocket.

I’ll readily admit to not being a leisurely driver, but I certainly don’t thrash the motors either and always keep within the green rev band. In fact, how sad is this, sometimes if I was pulling at full weight in the 530 I’d go up through every split on purpose just for that pure V8 sound through the twin stacks :laughing: :laughing:

Dunno what the Globey I’ve got now is doing yet. It’s originally a 340 :exclamation: :exclamation: but has been chipped up to the max and it’s putting out 440 gee-gee’s now so I’m told. It’s only a 4x2 (the only one in the fleet of 20, so you’ll know it’s me if you see me :exclamation: ) but it pulls really well and even at 40tonne (super-singles on the front) with bananas it won’t drop much below 50mph going up Windy Hill :slight_smile: So there you go.

I drive a W reg ERF Olympic 400. Average 8 mpg, thats pulling a mixture of tanks, and containers. Usually top weight, a long slog going up hill but a bit more interesting going downhill!

Rob K:
(super-singles on the front)

And that could be costing £1,000 p.a.

Check this link page 87. Far better to see some of that money in your pay packet than being wasted in driving a ‘posey motor’. :slight_smile:

Not my decision Ken. If the gaffer wants to run them for an extra 2 tonne of payload then that’s fine by me even if it knackers his consumption.

In the 15 months since I got my Volvo the fuel returns, over that period, comes out at 11.17 mpg. Apart from about 6 hours a week all the driving is over the water and none of the loads are heavy.