Moving to London - advice needed!

Yes, I think the OP means “Londonistan”.

London is a great place to live plenty to do and see in your spare time and i wouldn’t want to live anywhere else in the UK but if its just for work your coming i wouldn’t bother. The bit extra you may earn will be more than swallowed up by higher housing costs.
As other people have said haulage work is going to be based more round the edges lots of firms based Rainham Purfleet then down at Tilbury Dartford Erith over at Heathrow etc.

stay in bonnie scotland mate, :smiley: i would not want to live in or around london,thats just me

London is going to suffer terrorist attack(s) in 2012 thanks to the Olympics so might he an idea to hold on and make a decision after the games are over. You wouldn’t really want to live in a nuclear wasteland would you?

Coffeeholic:
London is going to suffer terrorist attack(s) in 2012 thanks to the Olympics so might he an idea to hold on and make s decision after the games are over. You wouldn’t really want to live to a nuclear wasteland would you?

I think id rather that than some towns oop north :smiley:

dessy:
There is nowhere else like London!! It’s like a separate country!! Not an ideal place to raise a family granted!! But if your single! Wahay!! :laughing: :sunglasses:

A lot of White people have “runaway” from London! But there are loads of fantastic people from all over the world here!! It’s truly a Global City!! :smiley:

You would probably be wise and live just outside in Essex Herts Kent etc! Everywhere inside the M25 is very very expensive!! :wink:
There is no shortage of things to see and do! And you shouldn’t have much problem finding work!! :slight_smile:

yep,not many brits here and plenty Pretty Girls

I moved out of London 22 years ago and when I go back now - well I can’t wait to get out and back home.

It is without doubt one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world - but its a place I visit now and not a place to live and work. If I were you I would stay in Scotland.

As for the comments about Yorkshire - Well you can always tell a Yorkshireman; trouble is you can’t tell him much :laughing:

going by all th ads ive seen in the free truck paper, id say Rugby/Crick area would be better, theres loads of adverts for class1 drivers there, loads of RDC’s (whether there are actually any real jobs, i dont know, never appealed to me) maybe someone on here will know.

kindle530:
going by all th ads ive seen in the free truck paper, id say Rugby/Crick area would be better, theres loads of adverts for class1 drivers there, loads of RDC’s (whether there are actually any real jobs, i dont know, never appealed to me) maybe someone on here will know.

When I was married, I lived in Crick. Handy for Eddies, but that’s it! Rugby is a dump.
Best thing about it is j18 either way! :wink:

switchlogic:
London is the most amazing city on earth if you approach it with the right attitude. As for the suggestion you move to Leeds instead, well I’m not sure that even deserves a response! :wink:

The first part of this statement nearly had me in tears with mirth…

London is the biggest ■■■■■■■■ in the UK…With the odd exception, it’s full of arrogant ■■■■■■■■ never talk to each other, don’t care about anyone but themselves. It’s the most expensive place in the UK to buy a house (and unless you’ve got £500k+ to spend that house will be small, cramped and in a dodgy area. You can’t find a parking space so don’t bother looking, Everything is more expensive (your car insurance will double at least) and, if you move to N London you are in the part of the country with the highest vehicle crime. Wages are little better than in the rest of the country. (I was on £9.46/hour in NW London) In Yorkshire I’m on £10/hour…The choice is not a difficult one .In Yorkshire, I’m surrounded by trees hills and (relatively) quiet roads. In London I was surrounded by a ■■■■■■■■ of traffic, traffic, traffic everything being very expensive and an hour and a half commute to do 10 miles…

Yep, it’s truly amazing why the ■■■■ anyone would live there… :grimacing:

Scotland’s pretty lovely mate. I’d be staying there…

kindle530:

Rugby/crick/lutterworth area is quite vibrant this time of year for work, you’ll be fighting off agency’s with a pooey stick but after xmas it quietens down significantly.
Granted it is mainly blue chip company’s with the odd haulier thrown in, if thats your bag, they even offer accommodation.
But if its London you want, cor blimey " in the name of the father, the son and the holy ghost :open_mouth:

Truckulent:

switchlogic:
London is the most amazing city on earth if you approach it with the right attitude. As for the suggestion you move to Leeds instead, well I’m not sure that even deserves a response! :wink:

London is the biggest [zb] in the UK…With the odd exception, it’s full of arrogant [zb], never talk to each other, don’t care about anyone but themselves. It’s the most expensive place in the UK to buy a house (and unless you’ve got £500k+ to spend that house will be small, cramped and in a dodgy area. You can’t find a parking space so don’t bother looking, Everything is more expensive (your car insurance will double at least) and, if you move to N London you are in the part of the country with the highest vehicle crime. Wages are little better than in the rest of the country. (I was on £9.46/hour in NW London) In Yorkshire I’m on £10/hour…The choice is not a difficult one .In Yorkshire, I’m surrounded by trees hills and (relatively) quiet roads. In London I was surrounded by a [zb] of traffic, traffic, traffic everything being very expensive and an hour and a half commute to do 10 miles…

Yep, it’s truly amazing why the [zb] anyone would live there… :grimacing:

And this post had me laughing with its predictability.

Coffee,

I wouldn’t even joke about that fella as the threat is very real, certainly won’t be taking my family up there. When they leave a guy in charge of security because he won an egg and spoon race once time to think self preservation. :unamused:

As for moving to London I wouldn’t bother, move to Kent set yourself up between dartford and sittingbourne, rent is 50% that of London and work just as plentiful and in fact slightly better paid with more dependable hours. London agency jobs tend to have squeezed hours and be local distribution mainly so no fun at all.

As for Yorkshire - some parts are bueatiful but so is kent and we don’t have Bradford on our doorstep must be like getting a turd on your best slippers!!! :laughing:

Learn to speak Polish… :wink:

Truckulent:

switchlogic:

London is the biggest [zb] in the UK…With the odd exception, it’s full of arrogant [zb], never talk to each other, don’t care about anyone but themselves.You get that anywhere you go not just London :unamused: Leeds and Wakefield is just as bad for this if not worse! It’s the most expensive place in the UK to buy a house (and unless you’ve got £500k+ to spend that house will be small, cramped and in a dodgy area. Live in the part of yorkshire I do and you’ll find dodgy is always around the corner from where you live :unamused: You can’t find a parking space so don’t bother looking, Everything is more expensive (your car insurance will double at least) Parts of Knottingley where I live, You’re lucky if your car isn’t on bricks or even worse burnt out :laughing: :unamused: and, if you move to N London you are in the part of the country with the highest vehicle crime. The crime that’s recorded, I bet half of the vehicle crime in yorkshire isn’t even reported to the police for whatever reason that maybe Wages are little better than in the rest of the country. (I was on £9.46/hour in NW London) In Yorkshire I’m on £10/hour…The choice is not a difficult one .In Yorkshire, I’m surrounded by trees hills and (relatively) quiet roads.And idiots, graffitti and ■■■■ soaked streets and the stupidest chavs by far :laughing: In London I was surrounded by a [zb] of traffic, traffic, traffic Go to Leeds on a Monday morning or a Friday night, i’d say it was about the same the amount of traffic everything being very expensive and an hour and a half commute to do 10 miles… I think everywhere is getting more expensive not just London. 80p for a can of irn bru from my corner shop :unamused:

Yep, it’s truly amazing why the [zb] anyone would live there… :grimacing: Because they may like it, I like living in Yorkshire but it’s not all sunshine and roses :laughing:

Scotland’s pretty lovely mate. I’d be staying there…I’ll agree with this one though :grimacing:

switchlogic:

Truckulent:

switchlogic:

London is the biggest [zb] in the UK…With the odd exception, it’s full of arrogant [zb], never talk to each other, don’t care about anyone but themselves. It’s the most expensive place in the UK to buy a house (and unless you’ve got £500k+ to spend that house will be small, cramped and in a dodgy area. You can’t find a parking space so don’t bother looking, Everything is more expensive (your car insurance will double at least) and, if you move to N London you are in the part of the country with the highest vehicle crime. Wages are little better than in the rest of the country. (I was on £9.46/hour in NW London) In Yorkshire I’m on £10/hour…The choice is not a difficult one .In Yorkshire, I’m surrounded by trees hills and (relatively) quiet roads. In London I was surrounded by a [zb] of traffic, traffic, traffic everything being very expensive and an hour and a half commute to do 10 miles…

Yep, it’s truly amazing why the [zb] anyone would live there… :grimacing:

And this post had me laughing with its predictability.

+2 :sunglasses:

jonnytruckfest:

Truckulent:

switchlogic:

London is the biggest [zb] in the UK…With the odd exception, it’s full of arrogant [zb], never talk to each other, don’t care about anyone but themselves.You get that anywhere you go not just London :unamused: Leeds and Wakefield is just as bad for this if not worse! It’s the most expensive place in the UK to buy a house (and unless you’ve got £500k+ to spend that house will be small, cramped and in a dodgy area. Live in the part of yorkshire I do and you’ll find dodgy is always around the corner from where you live :unamused: You can’t find a parking space so don’t bother looking, Everything is more expensive (your car insurance will double at least) Parts of Knottingley where I live, You’re lucky if your car isn’t on bricks or even worse burnt out :laughing: :unamused: and, if you move to N London you are in the part of the country with the highest vehicle crime. The crime that’s recorded, I bet half of the vehicle crime in yorkshire isn’t even reported to the police for whatever reason that maybe Wages are little better than in the rest of the country. (I was on £9.46/hour in NW London) In Yorkshire I’m on £10/hour…The choice is not a difficult one .In Yorkshire, I’m surrounded by trees hills and (relatively) quiet roads.And idiots, graffitti and ■■■■ soaked streets and the stupidest chavs by far :laughing: In London I was surrounded by a [zb] of traffic, traffic, traffic Go to Leeds on a Monday morning or a Friday night, i’d say it was about the same the amount of traffic everything being very expensive and an hour and a half commute to do 10 miles… I think everywhere is getting more expensive not just London. 80p for a can of irn bru from my corner shop :unamused:

Yep, it’s truly amazing why the [zb] anyone would live there… :grimacing: Because they may like it, I like living in Yorkshire but it’s not all sunshine and roses :laughing:

Scotland’s pretty lovely mate. I’d be staying there…I’ll agree with this one though :grimacing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Also Yorkshire is one of the only counties in Britain where it seems acceptable to leave your dogs ■■■ where the dog left it , along with discarded pork scratching packets, lottery scratch cards and discarded syringes. :open_mouth:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

jonnytruckfest:

Truckulent:

switchlogic:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Also Yorkshire is one of the only counties in Britain where it seems acceptable to leave your dogs ■■■ where the dog left it , along with discarded pork scratching packets, lottery scratch cards and discarded syringes. :open_mouth:

You forgot the empty condom wrappers in the parks :laughing: :laughing: Makes you wonder why so many people from yorkshire end up on jeremy kyle demanding dna tests :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You are right about J. Kyle Jonny , the Kyle bus only seems to have to travel from one end of the M62 to the other

collecting its " stars" :laughing: After the stars and starlets have had their 15 mins of " fame" it would be a good idea to

sterilise them. Save the tax payer a fortune and possibly in a few generations yorkshire may become a nice place

to live again, also carpet bomb either side of the M62 , M18 and M180 either side within a three mile range.

Job sorted. :sunglasses:

Thanks for all the replies. Moving as my partner has a good job down there. I’ll have a look at Essex, Kent, etc - not restricted to just London, I’d actually be keen to work far outwith the city!!

Agencies - anyone have any advice on them and how much work you get out of them?