Employers in London

No jobs in Rochdale. Only poundland and charity shops left here. So starting to prepare for my move back to London. Jobcentre say they will pay for any interviews darn sarf so long as its direct though employer. No agancies! Today applied for van driver with Parcelforce (took me 2 hours to fill in the online application)! :open_mouth: and have just completed TNT form to send off to Enfield branch.
Anybody have any more addresses, emails or company websites where i can apply?

Also looking for cheap bed and breakfast for if i find a job till i can save for deposit on flat. Maybe Heartfordshire or Essex as can’t afford London prices.

Willing to do anything from vans upto C+E

ZigZag:
No jobs in Rochdale. Only poundland and charity shops left here. So starting to prepare for my move back to London. Jobcentre say they will pay for any interviews darn sarf so long as its direct though employer. No agancies! Today applied for van driver with Parcelforce (took me 2 hours to fill in the online application)! :open_mouth: and have just completed TNT form to send off to Enfield branch.
Anybody have any more addresses, emails or company websites where i can apply?

Also looking for cheap bed and breakfast for if i find a job till i can save for deposit on flat. Maybe Heartfordshire or Essex as can’t afford London prices.

Willing to do anything from vans upto C+E

I can’t help you with jobs but regarding places to stay…try www.findaproperty.com

Aren’t flats in London 200k plus? A mate of mine just bought in Clapham for 275k but maybe that’s an expensive area.

In the past, I have stayed in a real dive in Camden Town but I was only staying for a few nights. They only charged £20 per night with breakfast. Let me know and I’ll find their name for you if need.

Cheers mate. Looking more at just outside m25 and then commute in or around. Thanks for that link you sent me. Looks like best option would be a room in a shared flat. I used to live in London but lost all my contacts down there now :frowning:

Hi zigzag, surely there will be more drivers wanted around & about now we half way through september, I am talking about Christmas deliveries now & shop stock. Theres a lot of towns between Rochdale & London. I hope things pick up for you soon-good luck :wink:

Theres a job going full time driving class 1 @ hoddesdon distribution it was in my local paper today

Harlow_wannabe:
Theres a job going full time driving class 1 @ hoddesdon distribution it was in my local paper today

Is that Sainsbury’s?

Hi Bonnylass yeah i’m gonna do some temp parcel work just to save up some money while i apply for jobs in the south. To be honest i’ve been missing the London life anyway although i’m a northener i only came back for a short break, but that short break became 3 years :open_mouth:

ZigZag:
Is that Sainsbury’s?

Shouldn’t think so. There is a firm called Hoddeson Distribution. Rye Park and Waltahm Point haven’t taken any perm drivers on for ages. If you want agency work then I would contact H&G or WPRG. Be warned though they now only garuntee a 6 hour day. I was chatting to a driver at NFT in St Albans recently and he was saying ADR can provide accomodation if required. They are always looking for Class 1drivers to work at Iceland in Enfield.

john_london:
I was chatting to a driver at NFT in St Albans recently and he was saying ADR can provide accomodation if required.

I have just had a look on ADR network site and there also advertising C+E in Crick new drivers welcome. Thats a nice change. Cheers :smiley: I did send ADR my CV few weeks back for NFT in Whitefield they were advertising but never got a response due to the 2 year requirment, but will try again on phone.

I got interview a week on Monday for Parcelforce working direct. Its only temp for xmas but will give me much needed cash for hotels if need be.

I had a spell working for ADR for NFT at Elstree Chill,cracking little job,then NFT moved the whole shebang to Waltham Point,too far for me to drive to.
They always used to take new drivers on at Elstree and London Colney,don’t know about now though,give them a bell you’ve got nothing to lose.

Hi James. I will phone all the ADR offices in the south. They got one in Thurrock too for the CO-OP. Will let you know how it went. Cheers

I don’t know if this is going to be any help, but there is an Agency in Felixstowe that puts Drivers up in a local B&B (just one ‘B’). I was speaking to a couple of guys last week, one comes from London and the other Kent (I think). They both seemed happy(ish) with the arrangement.

Hi Dinosteveus. Thanks for that info i’m just preparing myself for this interview i got with parcelforce this week. Just trying to get some more dosh together first before i move. This parcelforce interview wants me to take photocopies with me of everything but my a@& :imp: but will be worth it as guaranteed job till jan :smiley: Let you know who it all goes this week.

ZigZag:
Hi Dinosteveus. Thanks for that info i’m just preparing myself for this interview i got with parcelforce this week. Just trying to get some more dosh together first before i move. This parcelforce interview wants me to take photocopies with me of everything but my a@& :imp: but will be worth it as guaranteed job till jan :smiley: Let you know who it all goes this week.

Nice one, Goodluck. :smiley:

hi mate you are very brave or crazy.london is a â– â– â– â–  hole.my mate does mutidrop there he gets in a figth aweek. he is on his 3rd sat nav they smashed the windows.even the shops he goes to you cant trust. he has took a cage in to a shop went for the next one went back to the shop cage gone the shop keeper hid it the bogs.i know its simple stuff but neaver leave any stuff on show .always look doors even tail lift . beggers at alot of junctions pester the â– â– â– â–  out of you. always walk with purpose eyes wide fists clenched or even better small base ball bat with brick nails in it. there are certain places at nigth you should neaver go.crack is a powerful drug they will do anything to feed their habit. hit first hit hard talk later . take care

Hey Cockneygeezer friend i rearly enjoy reading your posts. Hope things on the job front are getting better for you. As for your advice about London, have you considerd working for the London tourist board or Olymipic welcoming party? :smiley: haha

I did live in London number of years ago. Walthamstow :wink: So regard myself very street wise by my experience there. I tell you something. I parked my car there for 3 years and not even a scatch! Came back here to Rochdale and i’m not kidding when i say my window got smashed within 3 weeks cos i left an empty packet of drum on the car seat!

I know the dangers but it’s funny that i always felt safer in london. Coming home on a night bus at 3am from a club, and shops still open, people on the street. Here i dont go out much at night. Too many drunks out looking for a fight!

hi zig . i hope the olymipics complex fails down on the first day.its a polish build.to day i got a job yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss painting on the cards full time good money.they do have trucks there so you neaver know.after xmas i will do my class 1 get it out the way.the dream is still to drive lorrys.i know i have been a pain in the bum on here but no job no hope takes it toll on you so sorry .i am happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Hi cockneygazzer It’s great that you got yourself a job. It’s not so easy in this current climate. Last time i was in London it was during the boom years and could pick and choose whatever driving jobs i wanted. I passed my C+E at the wrong time it seems :frowning: Anyway on a positive note, i went for that Parcelforce interview today. There are 25 jobs going and 4 which will be made perm. They just sent off my stuff to be police checked or whatever they do and should know by end of week. I also applied online last night to Wincanton in lea green. At moment just trying to avoid agencies if possible :unamused:

Hi zigzag, hope all goes well for you with the parcel force job. :smiley: Hi cockneygazzer, i’m well pleased for you that you’ve got a job sorted. :smiley: Good luck to the both of you :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hello Zigzag, good luck with job hunting.What about buying a cheap van to live in, i did this when i was a lot younger, better than some of the bb dives.

leslie g heath:
What about buying a cheap van to live in

It’s actually one of my plans :wink: My mums ex has got a camper van which he used for doing the tobacco run to Luxemburg each week buts he’s just got himself a 12 month ban from driving. Its a bit of a shed and the doors don’t lock but with a couple of quid spent on it, would be great :smiley: Was thinking paying the fee and parking up in a motorway service station each night for safety. if i get this parcelforce job though i will have deposit on a flat anyway so fingers crossed.

Cheers Bonnie lass will let you know what happends. You never know i might come back this week to tell you i got the class C job at Breaks logistics i applied for instead :open_mouth: