mossies

hi all ive just started on for a firm doing continental and was wondering how you guys keep the mossies away at night and still stay cool or is it just a case of closing all windows and dealing with the heat?? thanks

get youre boss to get you a roof cooler fitted they are fantastic for keeping you kool at night or if sleeping by day

air con pod or if that’s not an option you can buy plug in mosquito deterrent things that you put those blue tablets in

I use a mozzie burner with the blue tablets, you can leave the windows open when using one and it keeps the buggers away. The one I use is one of those mains ones you can buy for holidays, I just leave it plugged into the inverter all night.

12v mozzie burner, plus I leave the windows open an inch or two then spray repellent onto the curtains and around the window frame. Also, avoid parking near standing water.

I too use a mozzie burner,it’s 24v and just plugs straight into the cigar lighter socket,it uses the blue tablets.
I’ve had it for nearly 20 years and it still works fine.

As Harry said,try not to park near standing water.The reason I bought it in the first place was when I was spending weekends at Carisio,where there are plenty of rice fields in the area!

Avons ‘Skin so soft’…asked a Scotsman who does the logs on the west coast of Scotland.

Works a treat for me…Covers the whole body, you can put it on as fast or as slow as you like :laughing: :laughing:

Deepinvet:
Avons ‘Skin so soft’…asked a Scotsman who does the logs on the west coast of Scotland.

Works a treat for me…Covers the whole body, you can put it on as fast or as slow as you like :laughing: :laughing:

He wasnt wearing a skirt and sporting a ginger beard perchance ? :neutral_face:

Suedehead:

Deepinvet:

No, but he was covered in midgey bites :laughing: :laughing:

Eat Garlic and Chorizo Sausage, it seems to keep them off those foreign buggers.

I lived in Africa and you can only take anti malarial drugs for 12 months maximum so I decided I would not take them from day one as I could buy larium in the chemist. Luckily for me I only got bitten once and was ill from it, the diet and a friend giving me a mefloquine or malarone helped we think. I sweated like a pig for 4 nights and was dizzy

I contracted malaria in West Africa in the 80’s, got treated by a RAF doctor with quinine (sp).
Went to Canada a week later and wandered around in a complete daze…the quinine is worse than the malaria :confused: er sorry what are we talking about??

mozzies hate marmite,try and eat some once a day on toast or biscuits

Ah, glad you’ve clarified that, somebody told me once that mosquitos hated Marmite so I spent all evening trying to spread it on the little buggers :wink:

Harry Monk:
Ah, glad you’ve clarified that, somebody told me once that mosquitos hated Marmite so I spent all evening trying to spread it on the little buggers :wink:

pmsl :laughing:

Suedehead:

Deepinvet:

No, he doesn’t do logging on the west coast of Scotland, he rides a Police motorcycle on the Peripherique.

I found that by having a shower in the evening certainly helps, as the sweat mainly on your feet attracts the little(zb’s) it was also on some tv prog about them

Marmite, they hate it, seriously.

Where can you pick up one of those mossie burners from??

I got munched big time in italy last week it was not pretty…

that was one of many,the little ■■■■■■■!! :imp: :imp:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Is that an arm or your leg■■?..and if its your leg WTF are you wearing■■? :open_mouth:

Are they LEATHER SHORTS■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thats my ankle!! Honest!

the leather shorts and gimp mask are worn when i shut the curtains!!