Cab coolers!!

Ok summer will be on way somtime!! I think and I was wondering about keeping the cab cool when parked up for rest, my boss won’t fit pods so any ideas for me or others for this, I don’t mind paying for a 24v device if any sort exists!

So any ideas?

I find that the lowering of the glass window fitted to my door/s tends to do the trick for me.

But on a serious note, if you want to take heat away from the cab, you’ve got to find a way of depositing it outside the cab, so unless someone can think of something clever, I’m afraid the only thing I could suggest would be a plug in fan.

Them AC units on the roof are supposed to be the mutz nuts. Never tried them but it would certainly take hot air out of the cab. Not much use in the UK on nights out
I can see why the boss doesn’t want to put one in when they are FROM £1100+VAT

Leaving your window open while sleeping not a good idea as others may want to loan your stuff and return them in morning!! As everybody is soo nice!!

But as I’m a night tramper sleeping in day is difficult even in this country! So it’s about time somebody did make a cheaper option! And if companies had them fitted they would make there money back with low wages!!

My Actros has started blowing ice cold air out whenever I put the night heater on! I suppose it’ll be great come summer, but last night in Wilts it was bloody freezing! Summer quilt + cold air = ■■■■■■ off driver! First time I’ve ever woken up three hours before the alarm praying for it to go off. Any ideas what’s wrong?

Just run the engine to power the AC for an hour.

cab coolers are good but they can make cab damp and after a few days of it your gear can start to smell musty
so use them sparingly or put fabric softener in the water tank

tubby:
cab coolers are good but they can make cab damp and after a few days of it your gear can start to smell musty
so use them sparingly or put fabric softener in the water tank

Drop a Milton sterilising tablet in mine to keep the tank clean and makes the air smell that is blown in smell half decent too

I used to sleep with the engine running & a/c on low fan for 8hrs straight , not my truck or my diesel… New Volvo has heating & cooling with the engine off but I doubt it comes as standard…volvotrucks.com/trucks/uk-ma … kcool.aspx

Park in the shade close the curtain and eh the AC for a few minutes every few hours. Job done