mossies

Thetaff:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thats my ankle!! Honest!

the leather shorts and gimp mask are worn when i shut the curtains!!

Thats your ANKLEā– ā– ?..jesus, how big are your (zb)ing feet thenā– ā– ? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Well you know what they say about people with big feetā€¦ :wink: :smiley:

Most truckstops sell them in areas where you are likely to encounter mozzies.

Harry Monk:
Most truckstops sell them in areas where you are likely to encounter mozzies.

Thanks.

Mozzies are particularly keen on ankles as there is plenty of blood directly beneath the skin. I normally put a bit of citronella oil on ankles, wrists etc, that keeps them away. The 12v burners are about Ā£20 and come with a few dozen of the disposable blue plates, you can then buy extra packs of those.

The tablets for the burners are readily available on ebay, I just got 60 for a couple of quid.

Donā€™t blame me if your leg or arm falls off but Google is sometimes right.

Soothe insect bites. If youā€™re visited by blood-hungry mosquitoes or other insects with a taste for biting you, donā€™t let the itch get you down. Just drop two Alka-Seltzer tablets into a cup of water. After the fizzing stops, dip a cotton ball in the water and apply it to the bite. But NOTE: Donā€™t do this if youā€™re allergic to aspirin, because aspirin is one of the main ingredients in Alka-Seltzer.

Mosquito or other insect bite driving you nuts? To ease the itch, drop two Alka-Seltzer tablets in half a glass of water. Dip a cotton ball in the glass and apply it to the bite. Caution: Donā€™t do this if you are allergic to aspirin, which is a key ingredient in Alka-Seltzer.

Wheel Nut:
If youā€™re visited by blood-hungry mosquitoes or other insects with a taste for biting you, donā€™t let the itch get you down. Just drop two Alka-Seltzer tablets into a cup of water. After the fizzing stops, dip a cotton ball in the water and apply it to the bite.

Yes, like Iā€™m going to do that at three oā€™ clock in the morning. :wink:

Harry Monk:

Wheel Nut:
If youā€™re visited by blood-hungry mosquitoes or other insects with a taste for biting you, donā€™t let the itch get you down. Just drop two Alka-Seltzer tablets into a cup of water. After the fizzing stops, dip a cotton ball in the water and apply it to the bite.

Yes, like Iā€™m going to do that at three oā€™ clock in the morning. :wink:

But you can drink the rest of the alka seltzer in case you are likely to have a hangover from too much senorita beater or Vin den bosh :laughing:

I was just thinking could you mould a bit of blow into a mosquito tablet and simply plug it in :wink:

I love the smell but donā€™t like the idea of smoking it

I take warfarin so aspirin is a no-no but im gonna invest in one of those burners,thanks again :wink:

I got a piece of net and fixed it across my sun-roof frame.
That way I could have my sun-roof open for ventilation but keep the mossies out.
Iā€™d have a mossie burner going too.
My Merc has got a roll-up net screen for itā€™s sun-roof built in, so much less hassle :slight_smile:

bullitt:
:shock: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Is that an arm or your legā– ā– ?..and if its your leg WTF are you wearingā– ā– ? :shock
[quote=ā€œbullittā€

Thetaff:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Thats my ankle!! Honest!

(quote =bullit ) Thats your ANKLEā– ā– ?..jesus, how big are your (zb)ing feet thenā– ā– ? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Thetaff:

I laughed that much when I was reading those exchanges ,that I have now got a major headache. :laughing: :laughing:

I have just managed to figure out that it is The taff,s fat foot that we are lookin at. Stuck in a sandal or summat :laughing: No wonder bullit got confused. :laughing: :laughing:

Spot on fella :wink: it is indeed a sandal that is in that pic with my foot against the door of the truck.

Does any body know were Icould get a 12/24v mossie burner in this country as this year Iā€™ve been bit to bits :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hereā€™s one on tinternetā€¦

miriad-products.com/product. ā€¦ db0e7a0d6e

Thetaff:

Big shoesā– ā– ? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Talkin about mossies has brought back happy memories of the time that I spent in Malaya, back in the 1950,s. Mossies were a major problem, especially when we were on patrol in the old ulu. Hoever,like everything else in life, there is always an upside to every sad tale. Ours was that we got issued with a couple of boxes full of Paludrine anti-malaria tablets, each time we went out on patrol.When we came across any Female Rubber tappers ( as in most Muslim countries, the women did most of the work),as we headed into, and out of the jungle, a little chat, followed by the offer of 5 paludrine tablets,(about 2 old shillings worth), and you got a nice relaxing ā€œquickieā€, up against a rubber tree. :wink: :wink: We were generally happy little squaddies, as we set off to do our stuff, for Queen and Country. :unamused: So, anyone visiting "Up-Country "Malaya nowadays, who comes across any Handsome, Intelligent, Eurasian lads or lasses in their middle 50,s. Say hello from me. They could be mine, as the Durex we were issued with, were often well past their sell-by date, and burst. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

Buycrider:
Talkin about mossies has brought back happy memories of the time that I spent in Malaya, back in the 1950,s. Mossies were a major problem, especially when we were on patrol in the old ulu. Hoever,like everything else in life, there is always an upside to every sad tale. Ours was that we got issued with a couple of boxes full of Paludrine anti-malaria tablets, each time we went out on patrol.When we came across any Female Rubber tappers ( as in most Muslim countries, the women did most of the work),as we headed into, and out of the jungle, a little chat, followed by the offer of 5 paludrine tablets,(about 2 old shillings worth), and you got a nice relaxing ā€œquickieā€, up against a rubber tree. :wink: :wink: We were generally happy little squaddies, as we set off to do our stuff, for Queen and Country. :unamused: So, anyone visiting "Up-Country "Malaya nowadays, who comes across any Handsome, Intelligent, Eurasian lads or lasses in their middle 50,s. Say hello from me. They could be mine, as the Durex we were issued with, were often well past their sell-by date, and burst. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: great story that :wink: you should go back and have a look for yourself!! :smiley: